41 Yrs Old, Breastfed 2 Kids, Explant of 16 y/o Over the Muscle Implants - Boca Raton, FL

I got my implants in 2000 when I was a fitness...

I got my implants in 2000 when I was a fitness trainer and extremely low bodyfat (10%). I rarely felt insecure of my sized A breasts, but at that time everyone at the gym was getting them without much thought as to future surgeries. Almost like you would go get a new haircut over the weekend. LOL My original surgeon even told me they would "last forever" so it seemed like it was a good idea at the time, and 425ish cc's of saline were put in over the muscle.

Fast forward to 2008 and I got pregnant with my first child and realized how large and uncomfortable those things would become! Breastfeeding was a nightmare but somehow we managed to stick it out. After my first child I was happier with them because they had finally started to look softer and less fake. However, it was then that I also started researching removal without replacement. By that time it was now common knowledge that implants had a shelf life.

Four years later I hadn't gotten around to removing them yet when I became pregnant with my youngest child. This time around I was even more aware of how uncomfortable it was to be pregnant with large implants in. Breastfeeding was even harder the second time, and we only made it to 9 months before my milk completely dried up. After my second pregnancy, my breasts had become even more stretched out and I could easily feel the silicone bag through my skin. It was time to get them out!

I researched many doctors online and on realself and narrowed my choices down to 3 within driving distance who were experienced with explanting. I called all three... two said they would only remove my implants under general anesthesia but the third (Dr. Pozner) was willing to do it with a local. I went in for a consult and the Doctor listened to my story and gave his suggestion to remove the large implants and replace them with smaller implants under the muscle. Ten years ago I would have agreed with him, but at 41 I knew I was done with implants and surgeries for good and was prepared for whatever result I had after removal. I made my surgery appt a month later and started getting very excited to be able to sleep on my stomach again and hug my kids without the implants in the way. :)

The surgery went great! The nurse gave me a valium to relax me and then a shot of demerol for any pain. Dr. Pozner numbed my original incision areas (under my nipples), partially drained my textured implants, gently separated them from the pockets and removed them quickly. He agreed that my implants were too big for my body, but I think he was a little concerned that I would not be happy with the outcome. I can already say at 9 days post I am extremely happy!

Like most women who want to explant, I was worried that my skin was far too stretched out to ever look normal again, and at my age I wondered if it would retract at all. I am pleased to say it has. Every day they look better and better, but best of all they feel so much better and I am much more comfortable. I feel more in proportion now, and I know they will keep changing for at least a year. I don't have much tissue but I expected that, and am currently fitting into a 32B bra, which is fine by me. I was a little worried my boyfriend would be disappointed but he has said several times that he finds me even sexier now without the fake boobs, so that's a bonus!

I can't say I regret getting implants, because had I not I would've always wondered what it would be like to have them. I enjoyed having bigger breasts for a while, but I never really needed them and I do feel so much better being 100% myself now. Sometimes you just have to go through an experience to appreciate what you already have. :)

Update with photos

Still feeling great! I am loving being small again and I still see changes every day. I am close to the same size as before I had implants, but obviously a bit saggier after breastfeeding 2 kiddos. Wearing a sports bra at night and a pushup to work during the day. No one seems to have noticed nor said anything to me at work. My son's teacher commented that I look really great lately and asked if I've been working out a lot. LOL

So happy to be free of implants! Wish I could have taken them out years ago.

3.5 weeks post explant

Before implants my nipples were small and totally even, but then one breast became saggy with the implant and the other bottomed out. Now my areolas are much bigger and definitely not the same anymore, but they're so much happier. Lol
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Dr Pozner is wonderful! He and his nurses are very caring and I could not be happier with my results.