62 Year Old Wanting to Feel Fit - Bluffton, SC

At 62 years of age, I am ready and able to make my...

At 62 years of age, I am ready and able to make my dream come true. I have thought about cosmetic surgery for many years and right now the timing is perfect. I am 5" 4" and 128 lbs. I am having a full abdominoplasty with lipo and a fat transfer for a BBL.
From my child bearing days, I have some loose skin and fat above and below my BB. I am frustrated with the love handles and rolls around my middle and know the procedure will give me a flat tummy and improved self image.
I am fairly well prepared for surgery and have completed all the prep requirements. I still need to prep my bedroom and I want to make some "clean" food in advance. At this point, I'm just keeping busy to ward off some of the excitement.

Tomorrow is the Big Day

Well I'm sitting here at about 10 o'clock at night and just doing a check to make sure everything in preparation for surgery has been done. Now that all the tasks are done I'm focused on getting on with the show. I have finally swallowed my pride and posted some before pics so that when you see me in the after pics you can best appreciate the new and improved body.
I am so looking forward to this procedure as it has been my dream for a long time.
I apologize for the pics being a little off . I took them myself - which for those of you who have done this before - is not an easy thing to do.
I will add a post surgical note as soon as I am coherent and able to talk. Send all your good karma my way!!

Post op day 1

I was amazed at how much better I felt this morning. My friends helped me sponge bath and dress. I was able to eat some yogurt and tolerate the meds. I tried extra strength Tylenol but it was too soon. So at 2 pm I todo the pain meds and a nap. The fatigue hits after each walk. I am walking about every hour and a half then resting the same amount.
My drains are not overly bothersome and I'm happy about that. My back was draining a little from the cannula holes but seems to be slowing now.
Thanks all for your words of encouragement. It means a lot.

Post Op Day 3

Is it every day three? it feels like a week! I had my first surgical follow-up visit today. Things are healing nicely and look good. I have posted my after photos.

I have one small blister on my back from the Bandage and Binder rubbing. And I started with hives last night apparently a reaction to one of the medications. So it's Vaseline for the blister and Benadryl for the reaction.

After reading other reviews on this website I was a little worried about the pain of removing the binder. My girdle has two zippers ,one on each side, and it was effortless and not painful...thanks be to God. My drains are going to stay in for a few more days. The doctor wants volume to drop below 30 in total before we pull them out. I am managing with them and they are not really as bothersome as I thought they would be.

I was really tired today. I'm not sure what that was all about or if it was the Benadryl; but I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon