43yo, 30HH Hopefully Down to C Cup on NHS (UK)

I have always been large breasted (30F at 15) and...

I have always been large breasted (30F at 15) and they went up to a HH cup during pregnancy 14 years ago...and unfortunately never went down. I've dreamed of a reduction for years and always said that if I came into money it would be one of the first things I'd do.

My back & shoulder pain has been getting progressively worse with age and after trying medication (codeine) and physio with no results I went back to my GP 3 weeks ago to see what the next steps could be. It was then that I enquired whether a BR would be beneficial (not expecting any positive answer as didn't think for a minute that the NHS would fund). My GP said I had a strong case and would fill out the paperwork to refer me. 5 days later I had a letter for an appointment with the PS.

Went to see him today (only 3 weeks from seeing GP to seeing PS....amazing!!) and after some discussion and measurements (30HH, 5ft5, 26BMI) he said that I meet all the criteria. He talked me through possible complications and asked if I wanted to go ahead, to which I obviously said yes. Now at this stage I thought he would be applying for funding and I'd have a nervous few months if waiting to see if I'd be approved - but no, his response was to tell me that he'd put me straight onto his list and it will be a max 18 week wait!!!!!

I'm gobsmacked, excited and nervous all at the same time!! Reading through the reviews on here though, I know I'm definitely doing the right thing.

I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with you. And although my experience with the NHS may not be 'the norm', I'm happy to share any further details if needed.

S x

Current size (30HH)

Thought I should put a photo on (can't believe I'm putting a photo of my boobs on the internet!!!!)

Difficulty keeping BMI down

My PS told me that NHS funding was reliant on me keeping under BMI of 27 (was 26 at consultation). Unfortunately I have Crohn's Disease and currently flaring - this means steroids and inevitable weight gain (put on 6lbs in a week since taking them!!).

My estimated date for surgery isn't for another 3 months which means pre-op checks and final weight check in 2 months. I'm just crossing my fingers that I can beat this flare quickly and lose the steroid weight...I really don't want to lose funding :(
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful