Open Rhinoplasty with Dr. SULTAN HASSAN Elite Surgical in the UK - Birmingham, GB

Hi ! I am from Switzerland and i have always...

Hi !

I am from Switzerland and i have always hated my nose. I had a big hump and a long projection.

Since last January i was considering having a rhinoplasty and i did A LOOOOOOOT of research on the internet. My research were on surgeons based in Switzerland, in France, in Italy, in the UK and even in Turkey (as the country as a good reputation on rhinoplasties). Finally, the surgeon who fits the best with what i wanted was Dr. Hassan so i decided to have a skype consultation with him (as he's based in the UK).

The skype consultation lasted about 1 hour and i immediately feel very comfortable. I knew that i wanted to go with him and i completely trust him. We agreed on a closed rhinoplasty as the major problem was the bump. As the days went, i felt worried not only about the bump but also about the projection and the length of my nose, so i asked for a second skype consultation. We then thought about an open rhinoplasty because i really wanted a small and cute nose. He explained me that once he will see me he will know which procedure would be the best.
The surgery was booked and planned at the end of August.

The day of the surgery, the doctor went to my room and examined me. As my skin is thick he explained me that an open procedure would be better in my case.

Right after the anesthesia i felt pretty good. As i was still in the recovery room Dr. Hassan went to the room where my phone was and took a picture of the result. I am so thankful to him for doing that because as i woke up i could already see the results. Moreover the days after when i felt worry i just had to look at the results to feel confident again. I was already so happy.

The first 4-5 days were awful, not really painful but a lot of discomfort. I had bruising under the eyes but not as much as i expected (i took arnica 30 and vitamin C before and after the surgery and also a lot of pineapple juice the days after the surgery).

One week later, the doctor took the stitches and the splint off. I could finally see me... It was so strange, but I HAVE A SMALL AND CUTE NOSE ! I couldn't expect better. Even with all the swelling i was already happy.

Now i am at POD 10 and i LOVE my nose everyday more, i am already getting used to my new side profile. Hopefully my front view didn't change too much because it was already good, but my side profile, OMG it is like another me.
I am still not able to smile and my skin is very oily but i know that it is normal and will be back to normality in the next weeks.

I am also very thankful to Elite Surgical in particular to the manager Carolyn. She was so lovely since the first day. She answered really quickly to all my emails and helped me a lot to organize my journey from Switzerland to the UK.

My main advice is DO A LOT OF RESEARCH BEFORE ! It is very important ! You can go on Instagram, there is a lot of girls who write rhinoplastydiaries explaining day by day how going through a rhinoplasty is like. I read a lot of testimonies and i had no surprise. Everything went as i expected and even a lot better that what i was expecting.

I could tell you a lot more about the procedure so don't hesitate if you have any questions :)

Clara