Starting on Breast Reduction Experience - Birmingham, GB

Having now made the decision to have the surgery...

Having now made the decision to have the surgery and chosen my PS and hospital (The Priory in Birmingham) I am just waiting for my first consultation to take place on 19th october 2012.
I would appreciate anyone posting about their experiences of The Priory and their breast reduction journey.
many thanks
xx

I had my consultation with my PS on friday at the...

I had my consultation with my PS on friday at the Priory. It went well, he listened to my concerns and asked me what size I wanted to be after the reduction.
I said a "D". He said because it is a large reduction I would probably be a "DD".
I am happy with that. Anything is better than 38H. With constant back, neck and shoulder ache. Not to mention stupid floppy boobs which get in the way of almost everything and make me feel decidedly un-sexy. Just like an enormous cow with great big udders.

I am so happy that he listened to me and did not rule my case out just because I am overweight. I am otherwise fit and well and do not smoke. And now I have a GOAL to aim for (2 stone in 10 weeks) and the incentive to lose the weight as my reward will be fantastic new boobies !!
My PS is a really nice chap. He was polite and friendly and I felt at ease with him immediately. I trust him..which is of the utmost importance.He is very used to performing reductions and reconstructive surgery (as well as enlargements and augmentations) and is a founding member of VIP cosmetic surgery in the West Midlands.
He also tactfully said that it would be better for me (less risk of complications) if i could lose weight prior to surgery. My BMI is at present 33 and he said it would be safer for me if my BMI was 30 or below.
So now I am on a mission to lose 2 stone in ten weeks, as
Surgery is pencilled in for 8th Jan 2013.

will keep posting of my progress
xx

I have just received my confirmation letter about...

I have just received my confirmation letter about my consultation ..and my PS has put in it that I have natural symmastia and that he can not correct this and it may be more obvious after the BR.
Some people have posted that to have this web of skin/tissue corrected it involes suturing the tissue to the chest wall and can cause scarring in the centre of the chest, which sounds horrid.
I did not even know I had this. Apparantly it is a web of skin between the breasts and is congenital.
I have looked up on the internet and it has been featured in "embarrassing bodies" and seems to be treated like some kind of deformity. It is sometimes referred to as "uni-boob" which sounds gross.
It has never bothered me before , but I don't want to undergo a proceedure which may make me look like a freak !
HELP!

Can anyone advise me please?
Has anyone had this repaired?
I don't think I want it repaired , but I don't want to look odd/freaky and have a uni-boob either!

thanks xx

Thanks for the links. I have researched synmastia...

thanks for the links. I have researched synmastia and all in all I don't think it's that big aof an issue for me. The planned BR will be such an incredible improvement for me so i'm happy to go ahead.

Surgery is planned for 8th jan 2013 with my pre-op assessment on 4th jan, where I understand they will measure my BMI again and take bloods and talk through the proceedure with me.

I have lost half a stone , so one and a half to go still...in 8 weeks ?? ..and over christmas ??

...wish me luck !!

xx

Just had my pre-op assessment appointment at...

just had my pre-op assessment appointment at Edgebaston BMI hospital.
the nurse was very friendly and efficient. she measured my height, weight, blood pressure, pulse and oxygen sats. I was screened for MRSA (a swab in a nostril, then one in the groin). she talked me through the proceedure from admission to discharge and asked me if i wanted to say anything or ask anything.
I said i felt very anxious and have had dreams about suffocating, which are quite common as it's elective surgery (entirely my choice., not because of a scan or suggestion from a doctor or a trauma), she put my mind at rest and i can honestly say i am quite looking forward to it now !
It's the anaesthetic and needles I am most afraid of, not the pain afterwards. It's the thought of not waking up from the anaesthetic. I feel quite daft and i know i'm trying my husband's patience...

i then went off and had my blood test prior to my op next tuesday. i felt ok having the bloods and didn't faint or have sweats ans silver flashes (i have done in the past and it's so embarrassing)

and now on to tuesday morning for the big op.

All done now ! 7 weeks post op

It is now 7 weeks post op and I am delighted with the results of my breast reduction performed on 23 April 2013. Just look at the before and after photos !

More photos

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

7 months post op and doing really well.