45 Years Old, Breast Implant Removal with Local Anaesthetic, No Sedation - Birmingham, GB

Had 285cc implants just over a year ago after...

Had 285cc implants just over a year ago after losing a lot of weight. My 36B breasts looked empty and droopy. I wasn't happy as soon as I had the implants. Although they were a nice shape, they felt false and too big. I looked matronly in some of my clothes and was really conscious. I just hated the way the felt, really heavy. I decided to have them removed. I've just come home after having them removed under local anaesthetic, no sedation. It went absolutely fine. Apart from the slight pain from the local anaesthetic injections, it was relatively comfortable. It's like I haven't had an operation at all. My boobs look saggy and empty, but I knew what to expect after looking at many before and after photos on this site. I know they will get better over the coming months. I'll keep posting photos.

Day 1 post op

Incisions feel a little sore, but other than that I feel normal. My boobs look weird and the skin is wrinkly and empty, but I'm really happy those awful implants are out.

Day 5 Post Op

I can already see some improvement in the skin, especially the left breast.

1 week post op

Dressings removed. My boobs look at bit square shaped at the bottom, but I'm not too worried as I know they'll change over the next few months. I have the dreaded concave deformity if you look at my boobs from the side like almost all the ladies who explant. This should also improve over the next year I hope!! Other than that I'm really happy.

5 Weeks Post Op

Hi here are my photos from 5 weeks post op. I still have a bit of the concave deformity, especially on the right side, but the wrinkly skin is much better. My nipples are still sore and I still have a numb area on both outer sides of my boobs, which I've had since having the implants. Hopefully that will get better over the next year (fingers crossed).

3 Months Post Op

Best thing I ever did !!!
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Brilliant experience. The surgeon and staff were all amazing. They made me feel so at ease.