35 Years Old, 3 Kids, a Nurse and Volunteer Firefighter - Birmingham, AL

I am so excited to start this journey. I have...

I am so excited to start this journey. I have been overweight my whole life and I am ready to show everyone that I can lose the weight and keep it off. I am ready to not let my weight hold me hostage and keep me down anymore. I know my job and volunteer firefighting suffers because I am limited by my weight but that is going to change soon.

Post op

Well, I am home from the hospital now. I am still in pain and suffering from all the gas but the worst part is being intolerant to hot and cold liquids. I am very excited to start this journey. I know every bit will be worth it in the end. Thanks for all the support. It really helps keep me going!

The struggle

I am having horrible cravings and I can barely get fluids in. I am only getting in about 30 fluid ounces. I am starting to think, what in the crap did I do. I think I am starting to fail at this. I am only like 6 days post op so I can just now add yogurt and pudding back. Does anyone have any suggestions to help? Alsi I feel like my stomach and intestines are being pulled on when i sit straight up. Should I wear a supportive stomach binder?

Freedom

I am now doing so much better. I am starting to feel normal again. I am eating soft foods too. My stomach is starting to go down and I have lost aboit 22 pounds since I started this liquid diet 3 weeks ago. I did get an abdominal support. I highly recommend everyone get one before the surgery. I split my incisions back open and the support has been helping so much. Thanks for all the prayers and support. My energy level is through the roof and I feel like a different person. I 100% recommend this surgery!!!

Motivated!!

I am 30 pounds down and motivated!! I suffered a kidney stone due to dehydration last Friday but am back up and going. I have more energy than ever and feel great. Just went camping with the family this weekend and going to the beach in a couple of weeks. Loving Life!!
Birmingham Bariatric Surgeon