61 Ready for New Life - Birmingham, AL

Having 3 different steps. 1st Belt Lipectomy, 2nd...

Having 3 different steps. 1st Belt Lipectomy, 2nd Brachioplasty (Arms) Aug. Mastepexy, 3rd Thigh Lift.
Wanted to try to do all at one time but was advised not the safest way to do this. Hardest thing right now is quitting smoking. I quit for 11 years and started back about 6 months ago. So tootsie pops are my new cigarettes.

Counting the days

Hoping to consult with Dr again to see if He would perform Aug. Mastepexy and Belt Lipectomy the same day. These 2 are the most important to me first. I haven't had a problem to stop smoking. I want this surgery to bad to let that get in my way

Postponed surgery due to swollen gland in neck

Very sad today to find out can't have surgery until I'm cleared by a ENT on this gland that had to choose now to swell up.
Finding out tomorrow what's going on. Was given a Zpack earlier in the week but there has been no change in it.

Still waiting

Now I'm waiting to be approved for a cat/scan to see whats going on with my neck. It's getting larger everyday so something is clogged up, but until they find out if it might be cancer or not can't get them to lance. I'm not a very patience person. This is driving me nuts.

Still in holding pattern

Keeping fingers cross that I get scheduled when I go back the 21st and neck is healed

Ready for the new me

So excited surgery actually back on schedule for 9/26. Neck healing great so doctor gave me the go ahead today. Think he was tired of me begging everytime I saw him with my neck. Dr Schaffer is the Greatest.

Anyone used the Exparel pain relief with your surgery.

If anyone used this time release pain injection, would love to hear how it worked for you.
Having a Belt Lipectomy Monday morning the 26th.
Decided to try this pain relief with my surgery. Would love any feedback.

Only 15 Hours to go

Will be leaving about 6:00 to pick up granddaughter to head for
My surgery I've wanted for years. Super excited times just going mighty slow.

Only 2 hours and 10 minutes to go.

Should have put new batteries in the clock. Time going slow.
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

So Far he seems very nice. Not only is he nice he came to my rescue with this thing on my neck. It seems I made a bad mistake changing my health insurance. As long as you don't get sick or need drugs it great.