26 Yo - Full Tummy Tuck with Lipo & MR Birmingham, AL

After 5 years of infertility, my body is an...

After 5 years of infertility, my body is an absolute wreck. I've always had a "pooch" but after gaining 100 pounds in less than two years, gravity took over & my pooch quickly became an apron. I now have an almost two year old daughter that we are in the process of adopting & I feel like it's time to get this apron gone for good! I cannot believe this is finally happening!

My consultation was on January 19 with Dr. Hedden at Hedden Plastic Surgery in Birmingham, AL. I also consulted with Dr. Schaffer (he is a PS at the same office) but ultimately decided to go with Dr. Hedden, even though my quote was $600 more with him than the other doctor. Dr. Schaffer was planning to do an "lipoabdominoplasty" with lipo to the flanks while Dr. Hedden will be doing a regular tummy tuck with lipo to my lower back & flanks. This all still feels so surreal! I just officially called & scheduled my surgery yesterday for March 9...so just over a month away:)

SX Cancelled with Dr. Hedden, new PS Dr. Michael Beckenstein, sx on 3/10!

Sx was originally booked with Dr. Hedden, after being left feeling as though he did not wish to do my sx & rudeness from his staff, I cancelled it & immediately scheduled a consult appointment with Dr. Michael Beckenstein's office at St. Vincent's. The level of care I received from he & his staff was unmatched by any doctor's office I've ever stepped foot in! I booked my sx & paid it in full the same day as my consult, I'm that confident in him! My consult was on 2/16. I was so impressed by him & his incredible staff that I knew I was in the best hands possible. They even gave me a custom printed Hershey bar that said thank you with my name on it lol It sounds silly but it meant so much that they go to that level to show their patients that they're appreciated. They made me feel like the most important patient there, even though he was very busy. He never rushed & his entire staff went above & beyond to insure that everyone was seen in a timely manner! I was in the room maybe 5 minutes before I heard someone calling the doctor over telling him I'd "already been in there since 3:48", he walked in immediately after that, which told me that they valued my time & were actually paying attention to those fine details. I'll be honest, the office & staff were so nice that I would've stayed all day if they'd let me! It was by far the most enjoyable doctor's office visit I've ever been to for anything! My sx is scheduled for 3/10! Call Dr. Michael Beckenstein's office, I can guarantee you will not regret it!!!!! :)

26 Yo - Tummy Tuck - No Bio Children!

I'm now using Dr. Beckenstein at St. Vincent's.....I had my sx booked with Dr. Hedden but was not happy with him or his staff. I met with Dr. Beckenstein on 2/16 & the level of care I received from him & his office was unlike anything I've ever experienced. I was so impressed by him & his incredible staff that I knew I was in the best hands possible. They even gave me a custom printed Hershey bar that said thank you with my name on it lol It sounds silly but it meant so much that they go to that level to show their patients that they're appreciated. They made me feel like the most important patient there, even though he was very busy. He never rushed & his entire staff went above & beyond to insure that everyone was seen in a timely manner! I was in the room maybe 5-10 minutes before I heard someone calling the doctor over telling him I'd "already been in there since 3:48", he walked in immediately after that, which told me that they valued my time & were actually paying attention to those fine details. I'll be honest, the office & staff were so nice that I would've stayed all day if they'd let me! It was by far the most enjoyable doctor's office visit I've ever been to for anything! My sx is scheduled for 3/10. Call Dr. Beckenstein's office, I can guarantee you will not regret it!!!!! :)

3dpo...loving my results so far!

More pics...currently 3dpo!

The swelling is driving me crazy but so thankful to finally be on the flatside!!!

Loving my results so far! 10 DPO :)

I'm just amazed y'all. I seriously could cry every time I look down! The after pic is from 8dpo & I'm feeling better everyday! I know my belly button & boobs look totally crooked in this pic but it's the way I was standing to take the pic:) I bruise really easily so I'm not sure why I have the bruise under & around my belly button but I'm hoping it's just from the pulling & tugging in sx. I'm the most swollen I've been since sx today but I can see the light!!!! I'm just so excited!!! ???? I haven't had to take a single thing (not even Tylenol!) for pain today so that's been awesome! I was also able to sleep on my side in my bed for the first time last night, it took a million pillows in just the right places to be comfortable but it was heavenly!

Another pic & drain removal from 7DPO

Front drain removal
0:45
Taking of the sx dressing
0:46
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Beckenstein & wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone & everyone! He's an incredible plastic surgeon who takes great pride in his work. If you're looking for THE BEST...look no further, he's your man!!!