54 Year Old Female. Asheville, NC

I am hoping for a consultation cancelation . None...

I am hoping for a consultation cancelation . None available until after December 30 and it seems I get more down and depressed by the day looking in the mirror. All the sagging seemed to happen overnight!! It is mainly my neck and jowls. Especially my neck ... I cringe when I see side view pics!! I have always been rather pleased with my face and have even won several beauty pageants. But, age has taken its toll and winning pageants would almost be unbelievable at this point!!! I feel as though I am
In a prison always trying to cover my neck and do not even want my own husband to look at me! Yes... Vanity... But I can not seem to overcome it. My self esteem is practically down to zero. It took a long time to convince my husband, but I think he has finally come to realize the turmoil it is causing me. And, I have learned that when you do not feel good about yourself, it affects your relationship with others, especially my husband. He gives me that line of ... "I love you just the way you are", but I guess j have it so bad that is no comfort to me at all!! I plan to post before and after pics as the date of my surgery gets closer. I look forward to sharing and hope many of you will share, as well. I enjoy reading and learning as much as I can from both a clinical and emotionally standpoint.

Biltmore Lift. 54 year old

before pics

Yayyy!! Consultation Scheduled!!!

So so excited!! My consultation is scheduled for Jan. 13, 2015 with Dr. Harley in Asheville, NC for a mid face and neck lift!! It can not come soon enough!! Hoping I do not have to wait long for the surgery.

Can't Wait!!

My surgery can not come soon enough! I am so thankful it is winter ... At least I can hide my neck with scarves, but so so ready to be totally comfortable and free of them. It can be very uncomfortable! Looking forward to wearing short necklaces again! Consultation is scheduled with Dr Harley in Asheville NC for January 13, so I have a while to go before surgery. It is a comfort though knowing I will not have to live this way forever !!

Biltmore Lift?

Has anyone had the Biltmore Lift in Asheville NC ? If so, I would love to hear about your experience. I have heard nothing but good about this procedure done by Dr Harley in Asheville NC .

My First Step...Finally!!!

So excited! I will be meeting Dr Harley tomorrow for the first time. I've heard so many wonderful things about him and can't wait to actually talk with him and learn about my procedure. Most importantly, to finally get an actual surgery date! You better believe I will be crossing off those days!! 4 to 6 weeks seems like such a long time, but hopefully it will help me prepare both physically and emotionally. I would like to lose around 15 pounds before the procedure. Looking forward to sharing!

Oh!! How I hate to do this!!!

This is a before pics, 1 day before consultation with Dr Harley for Biltmore Lift.

Many Questions and Disappontments

I am sure I am wasting my time because this post will be deleted in a matter of minutes. I will no longer be posting on this site. I have had previous suspicions and really tried to trust. I did further research and discovered Just as u thought that this is nothing more than advertisement for other doctors. If realself had a real explaination or nothing to hide, this post will not be deleted. I found a site promoting Realself to other doctors claiming that the more positive reviews they can have people post the more likelihood of more customers. While this is enjoyable, anyone on here is communicating with people who have made hundreds of posts over long period of time. They seem to be active 25/7 , and most have already had procedures. In my mind, this would be quite unusual for a person to keep up with posts when real people have much more to do with their lives in this busy world. The deletion of this will only prove what I've said is true. Any explainations from realself, who employs at max 55 people, would be appreciated. Maybe not trusted... But interesting to see a defense. BEWARE!!

The site

Counting Down The Days!

Just one week before my lower face, neck and upper eye lift with Dr Harley in Asheville! So excited and so so ready to tell the old gobbler good bye!!

Prayers needed for ANXIETY!!!

I would like to apologize to any and everyone on this site for my previous negative comments about Realself . I do hope I have not offended anyone. I read a few things that truly made me doubtful, but I am probably overly cautious and leary of a lot of things on the Internet. The decision I have made to have the surgery is one I certainly welcome and look forward to, but at the same time, it is a bit scary and has been an emotional roller coaster for me. I need to relax, trust, and enjoy the journey. Again.., please accept my apology.

The Dreaded Day Before Reveal!!

The time has finally come and it all seems like a dream for me. I have wanted this for so long and so so ready to tell this turkey goodbye!! I am all settled in our hotel room in Asheville NC and will be having lower face and neck lift. I will also be having my upper lids done. So excited, but also a bit apprehensive . I am expecting great results from Dr Harley. His credentials are above and beyond most PS, and after a lot of research and meeting him for the first time, I knew I had found a great artist. My main concern is getting a good night's rest!! I will continue to keep you all posted. My surgery is at 6:30 in the morning.

Updates and Pics Coming Soon.

So many great people on RS have wished me well with my surgery and, unfortunately, I have been unable to respond. I had my upper lids done along with lower lift (face and neck) and due to the dry eyes of the upper eye lift, I haven't been able to share or respond. This is one of the side effects thst goes with this procedure and will improve with time. I can already see an improvement. While I am doing s bit better with vision will share a few things. Both procedures were a breeze! Dr Harley is absolutely the best! I felt more like a guest in his home than a patient. Everyone so so nice and put me right at ease. No pain... Only mild discomfort and the transformation of my neck was unbelievable!! I was given a mirror when they removed the bandages and all I could do was cry!!! Went above and beyond my expectations!! Three things I've learned from this .... I call it WISH... Water (tons if it), Ice (a must for swelling!), Sodium cut back, and Help (could not do this on my own! My husband has been the greatest nurse. You will need help with your dressings, medications, cooking, etc. , especially with two procedures done at once) Wish I could say more... My eyes only allow so much, but there is improvement. I will continue to keep you all posted on my progress. So far, my only big problem is the blurred vision. Of course... Bruising, swelling, etc ... Normal things for a lift. Thanks to you all for wishing me well. It is truly an exciting journey!! Tests your patience a bit, wanting to see great results immediately!! I've had to remind myself over and over that it is a slow process with many ups and downs. One minute it's ...wow ..I'm almost there ... No swelling ! Then, OH NO.... I'm a blow fish!!! Patience is absolutely the biggy in PS!! This is the longest I've been able to text so maybe later today I will be able to share more .

Sorry so Late

Very pleased with my results at this point.

Pics coming soon

Sorry.,, Just tried to
Load pics and need to change settings in phone for pic access.

Confusing Posts!!!

So sorry for my confusing posts! It has been 8 months now and I tried earlier to post pics and, for some reason, they would not load. Nothng is in order. Hopefully from this point, I can share in a more organized... Less confusing way. Tried many times and gave up! That's why you haven't seen any posts from me!

More pics!

I will try to post in order, but since it has been so long (8 months), it may be a bit difficult to not to leave some things out. Will do my best.

Pics from the past

More pics

Need Help!!

Could anyone please tell me how to delete and correct a few things I have posted? My posts are an absolute mess! Pics not in order, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Results after 1 year

Could anyone share results of mid face and neck lift after 1 year?
Dr. Harley

All I can say is I LOVE THIS MAN!! Not only is he a great surgeon but an all around great person. He is so kind and makes you feel so at ease and comfortable. He is so genuine and down to earth. His work is amazing and can truly change your life. It certainly did mine. He was there with me every step of the way. He called the night of the surgery to make sure I was doing well and answered any questions I had. He doesn't do the surgery and then just slam the door on you. He is there as long as needed and very supportive throughout ... from consultation to end of recovery. He even answered a few questions I had months down the road. In a nutshell, he goes above and beyond!! He is a true artist and I will forever be grateful to him.