Tummy Tuck w/ ab repair, Lipo of the flanks and back

I have been pondering the thought of having...

I have been pondering the thought of having plastic surgery for over 10 years, and finally I took the leap and decided that it was needed to boost my confidence. I have been struggling with my self esteem for a few years now and I am certain that this procedure will boost my confidence once again to a healthy level. Unfortunately I did not review or consult with any other doctor, but Dr. Golshani. I was pleased with the reviews and the results of his procedures I saw in pictures. I agreed to the quote I was given which includes lipo of the flanks and a full TT. I emailed his assistant Crystal a picture of my back recently asking for a quote on lipo of the sides where my bra sits. We spoke about it and she told my that Dr. Golshani said he would not be able to do it because of the lack of blood supply and oxygen that my stomach needed to recover. Crystal said that he can perform the procedure at another time!!? I cannot afford to be off work for 2 more weeks plus the expenses that the 2nd procedure will incur. I completely understand that he is trying to look out for his patients but I've seen other where women who have this procure and many other procedures concurrently without a problem, yet with him it is an issue. I have already given 1K deposit and was very excited about this but now I am very discouraged.

Can anyone tell me of other doctors in the LA area that have performed both procedures (lipo of the back and TT) at the same time successfully?

Emailed Dr. Goldman's office

After much thought I emailed Crystal (patient coordinator) letting her know I was dissatisfied about not being able to get Lipo of the back. I did not receive a response back, but it is to be expected. The last time I sent her a message it took her a week to respond and that was after I followed up with her. In my email I also inquired about the 1k deposit. I have contacted Dr. Hughes (another surgeon in Beverly hills) and he personally told me that Lipo can be performed of the back in conjunction with a tummy tuck, as long as the Lipo is not performed directly on the abdomen. I am very frustrated with the whole situation, I don't know what to do!!??

I'm torn!!

I have already scheduled two consultations this week, with Dr Kenneth Hughes and Dr Hazani. Although I am torn, a side of me tells me to shop around, and on the other hand Dr Golshani just gives me that sense of familiarity and comfort. I hope that at the end of the day I make the best decision possible. Oh and Crystal, the patient coordinator reached out early this morning and said she would address my concern to Dr Golshani and would get back to me.

CURRENT PICTURES

Here are some pictures ..My current stats are 5'7, 176 lbs., waist: 34". Non smoker, and fairly healthy. As you can see I am a good candidate for lipo of the back as well as the flanks, and I hope to achieve this goal. I want to get the curvy, hourglass figure I use have before having children. I will find a picture of my pre baby body and post it when I find it.

2nd consult with Dr Golshani today

I received a call from Dr Golshani's office yesterday, the Dr would like to take a look at me again today. He wants to see my BACK!! My husband and I are going to miss work, I don't want to get my hopes up, but it better not be a waste of my time either because it takes a whole 2+ hours to drive to LA and as much as I love LA I hate the traffic.

Dr Golshani said yes to the back Lipo, I cancelled consults w/o Hazani and Hughes

Went to my 2nd consult and Dr golshani said it was safe to perform Lipo of my back, I got so excited I told him I loved him (so embarrassed now that I think about it) but he just made my day. So I cancelled consults with 2 prospective surgeons. I also got my ekg yesterday and was told it was normal. Next up blood work. And more research on things I will be needing.

6 days post op @Necrosis Scare@

So last Monday I had surgery; tummy tuck, Lipo of the flanks and back. Everything came out well, no complications. A compression garment was placed around my waist which turned out not to be a good idea. It pinched my belly button and the center incision causing a lack of blood flow. The skin turned a purple-black color which really resembled the beginning signs of necrosis. I followed up with the doctor 48 hours post op, and he seemed concerned, he gave me an ointment to place on the affected area every six hours and placed me one hour under an oxygen mask. Today I am happy to announce that the mark has decreased in size and the color has turned a dark pink. I will post pictures as soon as I recover my energy, I'm still feeling drained.

Pictures

Here are pictures of the abdomen area, the area that I was afraid had necrosis. As you can see it turned out to be a bruise that has lightened up as the days go by. I will follow up with Dr. Golshani tomorrow, I will let him know that about the possible seromas on both hips, where the scar ends. I also have an unsightly dog ear that is poking out on the right hip and it looks worse because of the protruding seroma. I hope he and his staff can extract the excess fluids to minimize the bulge.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Golshani is a skillful his work is excellent, I would not trust any other surgeon hands down he is prime