The Best - Beverly Hills, CA

In my opinion, Dr. Frankel is one of the best...

In my opinion, Dr. Frankel is one of the best rhinoplasty/facial cosmetic surgeons in the country. I reached out to his office, when I discovered that my first rhinoplasty procedure had not gone well (a huge understatement). I cried almost every day. I was self-conscious, distraught, and the only thing I could think about was my nose. Not to overstate, but it was a living hell to be so sad all of the time. I blamed myself because the first surgery was completely unnecessary. Thank God, my prayers were answered, and I was led to Dr. Frankel. I am almost six months out from my surgery, and I think my nose is absolutely beautiful. So far so good. I'm not sure any other surgeon could have repaired it as well as he did. He is truly talented and cares about his patients. He is a master of his craft/profession, and I am truly grateful, and always will be, for everything he did for me.

To give you some background, I researched and interviewed several very well known and well thought-of rhinoplasty/facial plastic surgeons throughout the United States before deciding to go with Frankel. I selected him for the following reasons:

1) He reached out. When I was beside myself with grief over what had happened to my nose, I emailed his office and sent several pictures to his staff. He was gracious enough to respond almost immediately via a staff member. His response was very comforting because he quickly identified the problem and told me he believed it could be fixed. This lifted a great weight off of me, and gave me the necessary information I needed to continue my research. I knew he was highly respected, and I felt I could trust his analysis, and I was right. Although, to be thorough, I verified everything he said, and I spoke with many surgeons for several months after that before finally deciding on Frankel.

2) He was prepared. When I first met with Dr. Frankel, I was immediately impressed because he was prepared to meet with me. He had all of my before and after pictures placed neatly on his desk (I had sent them before meeting with him). He had already studied them and had thoroughly reviewed my operative report before I had even arrived. He discussed, in detail, my pictures and operative report with me and his fellow.

3) He focused on my problem without interruption. The Lasky Clinic is beautiful, comfortable, private and discreet. I was the only one in the waiting room, and I had the undivided attention of Dr. Frankel, his fellow, and his staff. He listened to me, asked me questions, and answered all of my questions. His focus, serious nature, and dry humor made me feel instantly better. He didn't try to rush me off and send me on my way. He spent an hour or more just talking with me, examining my nose, and then talking about solutions to the problem.

4) A practical/conservative approach. I had already met with other surgeons, was impressed with Dr. Frankel's logical, conservative and practical approach to repairing and reconstructing my nose.

5) Delivers results under pressure. My nose had a few surprises in store for Dr. Frankel. It proved to be a difficult operation, and it took longer than he thought. But, he didn't give up, and he pushed back all of his appointments just so he could do what was necessary to reconstruct my nose. My nose had to be completely reconstructed from rib. He did a beautiful job, and I am amazed at what he was able to do with such a difficult case. I didn't want any more revisions, and Dr. Frankel gave me the gift of allowing me to go forward with my life without worrying about my nose 24/7.

In short, I think there are only a handful of surgeons in the U.S. qualified to do rhinoplasty or reconstructive rhinoplasty surgeries. Dr. Frankel is one of the best. I am extremely grateful to him for helping me and wrote this review in order to pass it forward. Pictures will be provided at a later time. I just wanted to get this out.
Thanks Dr. Frankel!