Last Child Graduating from College, Turning 55 This Year… Now It's My Turn! - Beverly Hills, CA

I've been a single mother of two for the past...

I've been a single mother of two for the past twenty years and have sacrificed everything for my children. When their dad and I broke up and he was unwilling to pay any child support (and had no income), I had to do whatever was necessary to get the kids raised well. I worked multiple jobs and went into serious debt. My focus was on providing for them to the best of my ability, with my goal set on their college graduations. Well, years have gone by and my son graduated and is now in graduate school in New York City. My daughter is set to graduate in May and now, I am finally going to give myself what I truly want… a mommy makeover! I'm getting a tummy tuck, breast lift and they are going to sculpt my torso to give me the mid-section I've always wanted. I have been working out all my life and tried everything to get rid of that stubborn fat but have been unable to do so on my own. Now I'm very excited to be able to commit to myself and do whatever it takes to have the body of my dreams! It won't be easy financially, but if I can do it for my children, I can do it for myself too. Self love has always been very important to me and accepting this gift is my greatest challenge. It feels to good to be true, but as I turn 55, I know I deserve it.

12 Weeks Post Surgery and WOW AM I HAPPY!

Ab work- 8 weeks post surgery!
Tomorrow marks 12 weeks post surgery and I'm back to feeling totally myself, but better than ever! I ended up having a "Mommy Makeover"(Dr. Sheila Nazarian) and Vaser Lipo on my torso, inner thighs and upper arms (Dr. Jason Emer) to remove all the stubborn fat. Little did I realize what a huge difference this surgery would make in my life! I feel like a new woman and SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE in my own skin. Putting on clothes is a pleasure now, and feeling confident and sexy is an added plus. No more tight undergarments and secret body shame when I look in the mirror.

I did my research and I'm telling you, these doctors are the BEST! (Dr. Emer & Dr. Nazarian) They are not only professionals and experts in their field, but they truly CARE about their patients so I felt safe in their hands. I did everything they recommended and I think that's a big part of getting good results. You need to trust your doctors implicitly. (I can't say enough about choosing the right doctor!)

I returned to the gym after 8 weeks and yoga classes too (with modifications), and I feel so much more confident in my body now. I can even bend at my waist much farther, without all that belly fat in the way.

Post surgery there was some bruising and swelling but I got a lot of rest and just waited it out. The process was totally worth it and wearing the compression garments 24/7 helped a lot.

Now I can't believe I fit into a size 6 dress! Not since before I had my first child, 26 years ago, have I been this size! I just bought 3 new bikinis and my torso is so beautiful, I'm back to wearing my crop tops. My middle was always one of my best features and I'd forgotten how much I like to show it off. To be honest, after raising 2 kids and working so hard for everyone else, I didn't realize how much I'd missed feeling young and sexy...but now I'm back!! You don't have to just accept your body as it ages, you can change certain things, and I'm here to tell you, it's totally worth it!

Originally I wasn't going to change my boobs, but then I thought, why not? OMG, ladies, DO IT!! I feel SO MUCH YOUNGER! I'd been stuffing them into bras and tight clothes for years, but who knew they could be put back into place and now I can go bra-less and be comfortable and feel and look so frickn' sexy! In December I am turning 55 and I feel like I'm in my 30's! If you are hesitating at all, don't... just do your research, find a really good doctor (like mine!) and commit to doing it FOR YOU. It will be the best money you ever spend. And be sure to follow everything your doctor says so you will come through with flying colors, just like I did! I haven't taken a whole lot of sexy after pictures yet, but when I do, I'll post them for you to see. Feel free to write me if you have any questions about my surgery or doctors.
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Emer and Dr. Nazarian. I've met with both of my doctors and they both agree that I am an ideal candidate for this surgery because I am in excellent health. I've been working out all my life so I have good muscle tone and I've taken great care of my skin so it shouldn't be a problem. Now I need to get the pre-op instructions and get an appointment with my primary care doctor so I can get all the bloodwork and scans done early. I've chosen May 23 as my surgery date because my daughter graduates on May 20th. Here we go!