I Am 42 Years Old and Ready for my Surgery!

Had a lap band 3 years ago. Been waiting for this...

Had a lap band 3 years ago. Been waiting for this surgery. I met with 3 plastic surgeons before Dr. Chiu. In 20 minutes of meeting him. I knew he was the one I wanted to do my surgery. Ask Charlotte, probably the quickest signing on the dotted line she has ever had. He has the credentials but most of all he has the caring aspect for his patients. He explains everything and doesn't make you feel like you are rushing him or a number. I cant wait. My surgery is this week!

One week after surgery!

Well its done! No one can really express the pain you will be in. I was in a cloud for 2 days. I am good now. I have gotten my drain tubes removed. I am walking around in my home by myself. I have gone out with my walker and pajamas! I have no shame! :) I been following every order/request by my doctor. I am very swollen. They liposuctions 3 liters of fat. They removed a 15 inches by 15 inches of skin! Now just in healing and recovery stage. I am still getting another surgery. On December 1st. I will get my 2nd surgery, inner thigh surgery. I can't wait, well I can, I need to recoup some from this one.

2 weeks after surgery!!

Still healing. Doctor says everything going well. I walk on my own. I even went shopping last night! Still can not wear jeans or anything like that. I wear sweats to protect my incision. I am now preparing mentally for my next surgery on Monday. So far this surgery is a lot less pain (except for first week) than expected. My mental alertness is back. My swelling is gone. It traveled from my stomach area down to my feet. My shoes didn't fit when my feet were swollen. It didn't hurt just swollen. I still wear my brace around my stomach. I feel like I am healing like a perfect patient. Don't know what that is but I feel I am doing good and I feel good.

Recapping my last year of experience with Dr Gabriel Chiu

I (Abel) never had had cosmetic surgery. I took 3 months deciding and researching. It was not looking for a bargain price. I was looking for a good surgeon. I found Dr. Chiu. In my first 20 minutes of meeting him I knew he was the one I wanted to do my surgery.
I had a lap band in 2011. It was 2014 and I was ready for the excess skin removal. I had tummy tuck, inner thigh skin removal, liposuction on my neck, fat injected under my eyes and tons of liposuction. This was recommended to do away with what my weight gain and loss did to my body. I had it done in two surgeries November/December 2014. I really liked his approach to holistic pain medicines and holistic ways of reducing my swelling. The pain was very manageable.
The follow up appointments were great. He cared and watched for my wellbeing. On one of the follow up visits he was looking at my tummy tuck scar and said he didn't like the way it turned out and would like to fix it for me at no cost from him. He also said he would have liked to add more fat to my eyes. That is when I truly knew I made the right choice. I found a perfectionist!! The results were already better than I had imagined. Mentally I prepared that I would never be completely satisfied, it is surgery and some things are out of his control. However, I have been very pleased and words can not express how this surgery has changed my life, my looks, my self esteem. He really cares about his work! He takes pride in his work and his patients.
Recently, in November 2015, I returned to him again. I wanted more liposuction done. I have been working out like crazy and trying to lose the remaining fat myself ( I seem to be the only one that can see this fat!). I returned to Dr. Chiu to him to liposuction the excess fat, fix the area he said needed fixing and more fat injected under my eyes. Again, he has amazed me! My results are better than I thought they would be and my standards were higher this time since I knew he very is good already.
I am truly happy that I chose him. I am truly happy he made me feel comfortable. He is the best. If you are looking for a surgeon. Set up an a consultation appointment. You will see what I mean.
[I have never written a posts in my life. The only posts I have written now are for my doctor, Gabriel Chiu, he has changed my life]. Thank you again.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon