Wanted to Improve my Facial Features - Beverly Hills, CA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I don't usually do reviews and I like to keep...

I don't usually do reviews and I like to keep these kind of things private (only my very close family members know) but I'm sharing my experience as I feel I owe it to real self community for helping me to discover this procedure's existence! I never liked my lips and always wanted a lifted and fuller upper lip. I had filler injections for couple of times (1/2 syringe each time) and the last one was about a year ago) and although I liked the change I felt my upper lip looks hanging rather lifted.

More pre op pics

As you can see in the photos there's no teeth shown when I'm not smiling or when I'm talking. I would like to improve this as well. Also my chin is small in comparison to the distance between my upper lip and nose.
Side note: I was never obsessed with whatever I mentioned and no body has ever told me my face isn't beautiful enough, I wouldn't want in any way encourage someone to go through this. When I found out about this procedure, I researched a lot and chose a doctor that does this a lot and is very skilled otherwise I wouldn't do it.

Finally had my procedure!

First of all, I want to update this review and Dr. Talei's rating but apparently RealSelf doesn't give you the option to change the rating on the same review . I will create another account to thank Dr. Talei for the awesome job he did. (I know this is just the first day but I'm sure the outcome will be amazing and I will post more pictures in the process of healing).
These pictures were taken half an hour after procedure. I had a small rasping job on my nose which I believe has caused more swallowing of my nostrils and upper mouth but it is not that bad at all.

2nd day

The upper lip is a little swollen but everything is good, no discomfort at all!

3d day

The incision is healing nicely and I didn't have any scabs or bleeding thanks to the moisturizing ointment and Dr. Talei's skillful hands.
My nostrils are still a little bit swollen but they look perfect.

The stitches are out! :)

Dr. Talei took the stitches out and told me to keep the incision clean and moisture until it heals completely. My nose and upper lip still feel numb which is normal. Everything's going better than I thought and I couldn't be happier with the results so far.

Lip Lift

I wrote another review for liplift before the procedure and since I
had indicated that I hadn't done the procedure yet, it's showing as "not
sure".... I couldn't update my first review to "worth it" so I'm
writing this one. I really think the experience was well worth it and I
would 100% recommend Dr Talei to anyone. I will continue seeing him for
anything else.

Almost 3 weeks po

The incision is almost healed and it looks pinkish without makeup. The upper lip is not swollen and the stiffness under nose is much less. Overall I'm very happy with the results! :)

Incision with no coverage!

With makeup it's invisible! Considering the time, I'm very happy with the healing process.

Incision Covered by makeup!

Thank this was taken about 2 weeks ago!
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Talei is very personable and nice and makes you at ease and comfort. Besides his great personality and manners, he is very skilled with smart surgical techniques which give the most perfect and beautiful results. I'm glad I've found him and I know where to go in 30 years or so for a facelift! :)