Misrepresentation and Potential FRAUD - Beverly Hills, CA

Linage is just around the corner from my office and they have great specials for laser treatments, so I decided to give it a shot. I called the office about the Groupon and they encouraged me to not purchase it, but rather come in and they would honor the price. I'm told that this way they don't pay the marketing fees and you can get an appointment faster. Ok, easy enough.

The staff is nice and I received the treatment that was supposed to cost $169 for one treatment, and had a few small scars from a gallbladder surgery lasered as well. I was initially told on the phone that if I purchased the package that they would likely just do them for free since they were so small, but when I got there they told me it would be an additional $99. I didn't like that it felt like a bait and switch but I have no problem paying for services as long as they are upfront about it and it wasn't that much so I agreed.

What shocked me was that the price I ended up paying wasn't for the package that I was expecting thru the Groupon, but rather for ONE treatment which came to $474! The numbers just weren't adding up when I received my invoice via email later that day so I sent Dr. Lin an email with the ad that clearly showed it was $169 for one treatment, $319 for two, and four for $519. My intention was to have all four even though they decided to charge me extra for zapping the gallbladder scars. He was very nice and told me that they get lots of customers that want a deal and that the higher levels are more expensive and I pointed out that there was nothing in the ad that had different prices for different levels which he said they have since updated. In any case, he agreed that it was a misunderstanding and offered to credit me part of the cost.

They sent me an updated invoice the same day showing the adjustment, but never credited my card for the difference! After going through what felt like a total bait and switch and then thinking that it was resolved they still OVERCHARGED me.

Please go to their BBB complaints online and read the legit reviews from both offices before going here. Buyer beware!
Los Angeles Dermatologist

DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES! 1. Bait & Switch on prices and services 2. They even scam Groupon and ask that you cancel them to get an earlier appointment 3. They reschedule you at the last minute due to staff issues or lasers being unavailable at different locations 4.The office staff tells you one price and you get charged more 5. Go to the BBB and check his complaints on each of his businesses - I will be filling one myself