finally!!! - Beverly Hills, CA

"It has happened to me right in front of my face,...

"It has happened to me right in front of my face, my two lips can't describe it!" To quote CeCe, yes, I finally made the move after five years of wonder, and 2 years of looking on Real Self for the right Doctor.
Upon scrutinizing review, I chose Dr. Nima Shemarani and already know I made the smart move! From super sweet Taylor at the front, to the thorough and soft yet informative Director of Ops, Neda, I felt warm reception and a genuinely comfortable atmosphere.
I had assumed to charge it to my Care Credit account, and found that there is an additional $100 charge for injectables which ultimately is a drop in the bucket so I didn't mind. I tend to keep my checking low and transfer from savings at a separate bank which takes 2 days. And I wasn't about to wait. All good, will know next time.
So I applied numbing cream but somehow swallowed the inner section of lips portion, so be careful if you rub your lips to absorb, I would use a pinky finger next one. Because I could feel it, Dr. S added more cream and let me rest.
He did both sides, had me sit up, studied me and was so articulate, I couldn't wait to see. He was so easy to talk to, kind and had a great energy. Very pleased with his hand. Considering my hiccup with numbing, he was very skilled in that I didn't cry. Haha I am such a pansy when it comes to ear, nose, throat, so I expected sensitivity.
This procedure was more painful than I expected but only due to my ill-preparations. Afterwords however, I felt like a total babe and expect to be better by Friday (today is Monday).
I will update as time passes but have a before/after pic, as well as a few in car directly after, followed by a couple at home hours after.

Bottom line, SO GLAD I WAITED AND SEARCHED FOR THE BEST. I will be back to maintain and couldn't have asked for a better experience today. THANK YOU EVERYONE AT EOS!

Day 2

I awoke with plans to relax and ice all day, but remembered an appt I had and couldn't cancel. So I put on my most pigmented peach shade and went for it. I mentioned to two girls at my appt I had seen Dr. Shemirani the day before and they literally were shocked considering day 2/3 are supposed to be the worst. After the warm reception there, I felt confident enough to go to Sephora immediately after.
I had a sales girl help me find a shade of powder which she applied directly to both sides of my jaw, and I watched her eyes just to see if she would make a face at my lips. Nothing.
Okay, this is day 2!!!! I'm stunned. So I decided to go to work early (on day 4). My coworkers haven't seen me for over 6 mths for the most part. I can't wait to pretend I just lost weight and that's why I look so good. JAJAJAJA.
ALSO Dr. Shemirani reached out to me personally which is a glimmering example of his genuine personality. LOVE HIM!

Day 3

Ended up being asked to work on Day 3, and I nervously accepted due to generosity of funds from management. My upper lip felt swollen and somewhat lumpy, this was the most I felt a projecting "duck" effect as the Dr. explained I should anticipate.
However, the couple of coworkers I shared my information with were SHOCKED it was only day 3. And although I felt wonky and a bit stiff on the top, I couldnt believe I was already at em too. This is why I obsessively searched for the BEST.
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best possible experience from front to finish. Dr. Shemirani is an Ace! Super kind, aware and sensitive to my needs. Looking forward to my return!