27yo Male- Forehead Reduction and Chin Augmentation with Dr. Gal Aharonov - Beverly Hills, CA

Greetings Realself! I am a 27 year old male...

Greetings Realself!

I am a 27 year old male blessed (or cursed?) with a huge forehead (~8CM), and I have finally decided to do something about it. I have had two FUE procedures in the past to reconstruct my hairline (due to male pattern baldness), so fortunately my hairline is stable enough now that I can move forward with a forehead reduction. I chose Dr. Aharonov based on location, and the fact that he will be able to lower my hairline a few CM further than the other doctors I consulted with.

Alongside this, I have decided to add a chin augmentation since it is a fairly straightforward procedure, and I think it will help with my slightly recessed chin. I have never thought of myself as unattractive, but I am hoping these procedures will better align my face with how I'd like.

My surgery is set for Tue 08/18, and I'm looking forward to see how things turn out. I will keep you all updated with my progress as I go along.

Going in

Leaving for surgery now. Here are a few final before pics.

And we're done!

And we're done. The surgery took around 3 hours. I felt super disoriented immediately afterwards but that was due to the anesthesia. There is very little pain on my forehead, no pain on my chin, but a decent amount of pain on the back of my head. The doctor said he was able to lower to where we agreed upon, but my upper left area was a little bit tight, so it may be a bit higher there.

I was told to ice my forehead as much as possible. I have a follow up appt tomorrow to remove the bandages, so I will keep you all posted!

As a side note, I can already see better projection in my chin through the bandages, so that is a big plus!

Bandages Removed- Freakishly Swollen XD

Bandages were removed, and everything looks placed well, but my face (especially around my eyes) and my chin are SO SWOLLEN. The doctor said I bled more than other patients, so he expected more swelling out of me. I'm hoping the swelling will decrease over the next few days, gonna try to overdose on super healthy food and vitamins until then.

I can take a shower again tonight, and I'm feeling little to no pain now, other than some tightness in my neck and back of my head. Overall I'm optimistic for the healing process.

Day 4 Update

Just a quick update on my progress. I was definitely a bit freaked out by how I looked day 1-3, as I was super swollen, and my eyes were completely bruised black and blue. My chin also looked freakishly large due to the swelling.

Thankfully, the swelling is starting to go down and I am starting to look like a human being again (lol). My eyes are still pretty bruised, but they are recovering quickly.

At this point, I am happy with the position of both my hairline and my chin. I still feel that they both look unnatural, but that is probably due to the swelling. 2 more days until I get stitches removed, I'll update you all again then!

Also, I tried to get creative with censoring my photos so you can see the brusing on my eyes. If you want to see the original photos, send me a PM.

Day 9 Update

Greetings Realself!

I just got off the plane and am finally back home after a long week of recovering. I think recovery was a bit longer for me, since my forehead was tight, and I lost a lot of blood during the procedure. Also, the chin implant caused the skin inside of my mouth to tighten, which caused some pain as my wisdom tooth rubbed up against it.

Overall, I would rate the pain throughout the recovery between 3-4. The worst part for me was the huge amount of swelling and bruising around my eyes, which have finally cleared up today (day 9). My hairline scar is surprisingly very hard to notice, apart from a bit more bruising and scabbing. Dr. A mentioned that it will get worse before it gets better though, and about 1 month out it will look its worst.

The good thing is, I finally feel comfortable going into public without sunglasses, and just a minor change to my hairstyle to cover my scar.

Overall, I am extremely happy with my decision to have these procedures. I think my face looks much more balanced now, and I have received a lot of complements from my friends. I will go back into work in a couple of days, but I highly doubt anyone will guess that I have had surgery.

Hopefully I've covered a lot of info you want to know here, but post a comment if you have any other questions. Reviews on this site really helped in my decision to go through with this life-changing procedure, so I am happy to help anyone else considering!

Before/After Photos

I've cropped together some before (4 days pre) & afters (9 days post).

Scar Pics (Day 15)

My hairline scar is healing and I am recovering nicely. It is still pretty red, uneven, and bumpy, but it is definitely getting better every day. There are already a ton of hairs growing through it as well, which I think are from my previous FUE hair transplant 4 months ago.

Anyway, I've attached a bunch of photos, let me know if you have any questions!
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Aharonov is professional, personable, and a master at his craft. He is very cautious, and has no problem refusing to move forward with a procedure unless he believes the result will be good. My amazing results are truly a reflection of his cautiousness and precision. His assistant Faye is also the nicest person ever. She was there for me every step of the way, and even helped me apply makeup to my bruised black eyes (lol). I would highly recommend Dr. A for anyone who is looking for a hairline lowering, or anything else!