31, 3 Kids and Waiting to Be a Patel Doll - Beverly Hills, CA

I've been following Sej Patel for several months...

I've been following Sej Patel for several months on IG and snap chat and I've been very impressed with his work. However, like most, when I called for the price it as astronomical. I considered going with Ron Hazani, and if his etiquette and his office staffs lack of communication is any indication of his surgical skills-I'd probably die on the OR table. He was rude, condescending and arrogant. Shortly after my brief conversation with him, his office called me back saying he was closing down his practice until further notice..... Well, that was professional. So- I took the plunge and scheduled with Patel, who was my first choice anyway.

2 weeks Post-Op

So my results are amazing. Dr. Patel said I would be back to normal in 2 weeks, I'll be 2 weeks tomorrow anddddd I'm definitely not back to my baseline. I feel like I just underestimated the recovery and wasn't mentally prepared. Discomfort and swelling has been an issue- as expected - but mentally has been the bigger battle. Being "stuck" on my stomach or only being able to move to the couch or the bed gets a little tiring. I've stayed home 98% of the time because it's too much of a hassle to lay down in the back seat of the car. I try to take small frequent walks outside for fresh air.

Immediate Post-Op

I was nervous for the post operative pain while still in the surgical office and I was assured narcotics would be given, if needed. Well, that was not the case. I woke up in agonizing pain (literally in tears) and was expected to swallow a Percocet, laying on my stomach, still groggy. I was in the recovery area roughly an hour before I was hauled off to climb in the back of the SUV we rented and sent away. The absolute only complaint about my experience with any of the care I received was the post operative care. I got the max taken out (5L) and felt like I got hit by a semi, then beat with a bat. I had little mobility and the staff expected me to move normally, and even tugged at my arms and legs to "help me" move. It was agonizing. I felt dizzy, clammy, weak and that at any given moment, I could've passed out. Just as I was being hauled away, Dr. Patel stopped and assessed me, asked what my vital signs were, checked my pulses, and reminded me that the first 48 hours were the worst. He assured me to call anytime day or night with questions.

Updated Review, Post Operative

Dr. Patel was extremely professional, kind, and patient. He is a master of his craft. Kelsie has answered any and every question, regardless of the hour and offered constant reassurance. Daisy was always available and would FaceTime immediately, if needed. The entire office staff was professional, courteous and wanted to make sure I was comfortable. They also took the time to review everything with my mom, who provided the post operative care.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Patel is absolutely amazing at visualizing what needs to be done. He marks you up to ensure everything is symmetrical, and proportionate. He is stern on sterility, emphasizes understanding of post operative instructions, makes sure someone from his office is available at all times to answer any questions. He personally calls you to check on your status and to again make sure you understand instructions. Although I am still uncomfortable, I believe he is the best in the industry at BBL. my body looks better than it did before I had kids. The payment process was hassle free; he does accept care credit as well as other financing options. I know he's one of (if not the most) expensive surgeon in BH, but there's a reason.