Love my new nose by Dr. Charles S. Lee!

I have gone to 2 in-person consultations with...

I have gone to 2 in-person consultations with local doctors and had one Skype consultation with an out-of-town doctor.

Is anyone out there considering Dr. Most at Stanford or Dr. Charles S Lee in Beverly Hills, and exchange info or encourage each other? I am so anxious and all I can think about is my nose and surgery!

Surgery Date Set with Dr. Lee!

My surgery date with Dr. Charles S. Lee has been set for June 6, 2016, only 33 days away!!! I can't believe this is actually happening at this stage of my life. I've always been unhappy with my short nose and round nostrils, but never had the courage or time (or chance, really) to do anything about it until now. I've thought of traveling to Korea, Japan or Thailand for Asian rhinoplasty, but as I got further into my research, I just didn't feel comfortable with the logistics and the idea of flying so far away for a procedure of which you could be looking at years to see the final outcome. Needless to say I'm happy to have found a doctor who specializes in Asian rhinoplasty only 5.5 hours away! His after-photos show very natural looking noses and I happen to like his sense of aesthetics. I'm confident that he'll make my nose look sharper and longer enhancing my whole face!

I'm also contemplating on having ThermiTight done at the same time for my neck and lower cheeks hoping that the procedure would sharpen my jawline and help keep it that way for a few more years until more invasive procedure is needed.

Going for It Finally, Surgery Date Set!

Thank you for sharing your journeys on RealSelf! I've been reading a lot of your rhinoplasty experiences and it is really helping me mentally get ready for my own surgery!

I've always hated my short nose with big round flared nostrils that are visible from the front. It seems to have gotten worse with age, too, like the nose is sinking into my face (?)
I've entertained the thought of getting a rhinoplasty for years, but I started looking into it seriously at the beginning of last year. I've actually had a total of 4 consultations before I decided on Dr. Charles S. Lee in Beverly Hills.

Even though I am not in the area, I chose Dr. Lee because 1) I love his natural "after" photos and trust his sense of aesthetics on Asian faces; 2) Dr. Lee himself always responds to my emails and texts promptly which is amazing considering how busy he must be. His nurse Misako is also extremely gracious and always makes time to talk on the phone or text if I have questions; 3) His office provides apartments for out-of-town patients at an incredibly low rate.

I am looking to have 1) my nose tip lengthened and projected by cartilage grafts; 2) my flared nostrils narrowed by alarplasty, and possibly 3) alar rim grafts to bring down the nostril walls to match the lengthened tip.

My pre-op consultation (where I meet Dr. Lee for the first time in person) is set for May 14, and my surgery date is June 6. I am excited and soooo ready for this!!!

Done and doing well!

My surgery went smoothly and I'm feeling really well. The stitches look amazing and the nose tip looks great so far. Some photos.

Cast off

My cast came off on its own the evening of Day 2, the day before I was supposed to see Dr Lee. He told me to not worry about it because it had already done its job (I didn't have anything done to my bridge). On Day 3, he retaped my nose, told me it was looking really good! I agreed.

I've been sleeping well since Day 2 and feeling amazingly well, and eating normal food. The recovery has been much easier than anticipated. One thing that happened was, on Day 3, I started developing hives on my arms and neck, probably from the antibiotics I was prescribed. Dr. told me to stop taking it immediately, and take Benadryl for hives. The hives are now gone but tiny itchy red dots still cover my neck , chin and arms even though I've been off antibiotics for 3 days now. Weird!

My nose is still swollen and super hard, but I'm already loving my profile! Very happy so far!! The stitches will be removed tomorrow (exactly a week after the surgery) before I head home. I can't wait!

Scars almost invisible on Day 7

I'm amazed at how neat my scars are healing and it's only been a week!

So happy so far

Here are my photos exactly 2 weeks from the surgery. I'm really happy so far! I think the swelling has come down quite a bit since a week ago. Newly grafted cartilages, please don't start warping or shifting or twisting in my nose, lol, because I like the way things look now.

3 weeks-comparison photos

I couldn't have asked for a better nose. Thank you, Dr. Lee!

Forgot to add this view

Everyone's favorite view :P

5.5 Weeks Post-Op

Here are some comparison photos from different angles. My nose tip is still super hard and inflexible, but I love my new nose!

Front view

This photo didn't upload in the previous post.

Progress!

It's been exactly 7 weeks from the surgery. I can see the tip of my nose is getting more shapely from 4 weeks ago.. Here are before, 3 weeks post op, and 7 weeks post op photos.

4.5 months later

Here are my pictures.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

I'm sooooo glad I chose Dr. Charles S. Lee for my rhinoplasty. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. My recovery was much easier than I had anticipated, and to my surprise, the scars were non-detectable by 2 weeks even without makeup. I went back to work on Day 14 and everyone commented on how fantastic I looked with my new haircut, but no one really noticed my nose ^_^ That's how natural my nose looked on my face, which was exactly what I wanted. It's now been 2 and a half months since the surgery, and I can't even tell you how happy I feel every time I look in the mirror and about having gone through with this surgery and chosen Dr. Lee for it (good job, me!) Another important point to mention is that Dr. Lee and his nurse Misako respond to my text messages quickly (except when they are in surgery) and have been extremely caring and reassuring throughout the whole process and beyond. I really appreciated that because I was super anxious before the surgery but hearing from them always put me at ease... (yes, I was very needy!) Thank you, Dr. Lee and Misako for the fabulous result and for always being there for me to answer my questions. It made a world of difference!