Age 50 Abs and Flanks Liposuction - Bethesda, MD

After a total abdominal hysterectomy at 43 which...

After a total abdominal hysterectomy at 43 which loosened my abdominal muscles and threw me into menopause, I immediately lost my waistline and over time my figure continued to deteriorate. Exercising 3-4 times a week with a trainer and watching my diet didn't help and I just couldn't get rid of, literally, a big flabby spare tire around my midsection that was uncomfortable and looked terrible. A friend recommended Dr. Franklin Richards so I went straight to him. I am so glad that I did it. I continue to work out with my trainer and watch my diet into order to keep my new figure and I go for the lymphatic drainage massage that he recommended (with Victoria Goldsten).

Age 50 Abs and Flanks Liposuction - Bethesda, MD now with before and after photos

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Since a friend had recommended Dr. Richards who did two skin removal procedures and an abdominoplasty for her (so she got to know him well), I didn't feel the need to really interview him myself. My friend had interviewed several docs in the area before choosing him, so all I did was to look up his credentials myself and hope that he would say I was a good candidate for the liposuction. My first impressions were of a nice person who is very competent. He recommended liposuction for the abs and flanks and didn't try to push me into more, or more invasive, procedures, I didn't feel judged or embarrassed, and he was honest about what results I could expect (i.e., how resilient my skin would likely be at my age). He (and his nurses and patient coordinator) answered all my questions, including being responsive to email, both before and after the procedure, and I have been going for regular follow-up visits. I could never have achieved these results without his help. He warned me to continue to exercise and watch my diet which I am doing!