49, Divorced, No Kids - Want Mirror or Reflect How I See Myself - Bethesda, MD

Two days from procedure, having a combination...

Two days from procedure, having a combination lower facelift and laser liposuction to abs and flanks. Went in looking for facelift and once I decided to use general anesthesia decided to add liposuction as well. Until I turned around 40 I was always thin (5'7", size 8 to 10). Over the last ten years, however, my body composition has changed dramatically. I gained a lot of weight (40-50 pounds) during a short marriage (1996-2011 -- I call it my bad marriage weight). I've lost 30 pounds and would like to lose 20 more (gone from size 16/18 to 12 and 20 more would put me back in a 10/12).

My primary issue is that none of the weight is coming off of my midsection. My boobs and butt are smaller (boo) but am not losing fat off my belly. I wear super firm shape wear everyday, even on the weekends because I feel so self conscious about my belly. I don't go out much so haven't been on many dates - but I would like to feel good about having someone see my body.

I'll update here with body photos and will also have a review on my facelift as well.

Day 3 post op

Took a shower yesterday but forgot to take photos. Here is three days post op in compression garment. Planning a shower tomorrow and will take photos. Super swollen and have foam in my garment butI can already see my new shape easily.

Swelling bruising numbness 4 days post

Slept through the night - I'm a stomach sleeper so sleeping on my back using a wedge pillow has been a challenge. I found it helps to put a pillow under one side
Drainage stopped after about 36 hours. Woke up this morning feeling not as tight. Bruising as expected. Soreness is primarily in my low back but I still have a lot of numbness.
Luckily from this site I know that it can take weeks for swelling to go down and skin to tighten. Dr said he removed 3 liters of fat just from abs and flanks

One week post - lots of swelling

My doctors goal was to make sure he left enough fat for me to look natural and womanly. At one week I was worried about the size of my hips versus my waist. I didn't really appreciate how much swelling I still had. A lot of swelling in my back as well.

Pain felt like a sunburn - in that if I sat still for a while, I'd forget and then I'd move and it would hurt. I've been using arnica gel twice a day on the bruising.

Two weeks post swelling down

I understand that it can take 6 weeks to three months or longer to finally see lipo results. If that is the case, then already at two weeks I can tell that I am going to be a happy happy camper.

My biggest hangup was not having any waist. I wear a 12 but probably had a size 16 waist - I wore spanx or equivalent every day even on the weekends to try to look decent even in t shirts. I've lost some weight to get where I am now and the midsection wasn't budging. I'm currently going through menopause and I blame hormones for this. Anyway, I tried on some summer dresses that I could wear with spanx but still tight around the middle - wearable but not cute. They look great already - waist fits and the dress hangs properly in the front. Very excited to see where I end up.
Dr. A. Dean Jabs