Two More Weeks to Go! - Belgium, BE

I've been trying to lose weight for over two years...

I've been trying to lose weight for over two years now and I've shed 40lbs :D. Now I'm ready to be sexy! Lool I don't know what else to write. I'm going to eat super healthy for the week leading up to it. I've met with my surgeon on two occasions in London. He comes down once a month, so after the procedure, he will be accessible.

The Day of Surgery:

The Journey:
I got the Eurostar from London to Brussels. Then from Brussels I took a train to Antwerp and got off at Berchem (45 mins on the IR/IC train). From Berchem I got a train to that went to Sint Niklaas (but it wasn't the final destination of the train, most trains going to Sint Niklaas was ideal) and got off at Beveren. (It was pretty easy to navigate although my Dutch is Sh*t Lool so I just drew diagrams.I bought an Anytime Return ticket was around €18). From Berchem it was a 10 min walk. Just follow the signs to Grote Market.

The Experience:
I was welcomed warmly by Dr Oelbrandt. He gave me a mini tour of the clinic and then we had a consultation. I was led to my room where I left my stuff, changed into a robe and got marked up. The nurse disinfected me and then I lay down on the operating table. The anaesthesiolgist put in my IV and I was knocked out 2 minutes later. I woke up in my room and it was over lol (I remember nothing!). I stayed there for just under two hours and then I took a taxi to my hotel. I wasn't in any extreme pain, I was just very sore. I only took paracetamol, so it wasn't that bad. My inner thighs were quite swollen because I got a lot of far sucked out, other than that it was alright.

Day 3 (Home bound):

I'm still a bit sore but I'm not taking any pain killers. I'm going back to London today. I feel fine in general but I'm still a bit weak. There's no way I could've survived this alone, I encourage all of you to go with someone. Walking around is making me sleepy. I'm still quite swollen but it's gone down a little bit. Hopefully by day 7 or 8 I'll look decent.

P.s. When I got home I was exhausted. Travelling was a bit intense compared to sitting in my hotel room all weekend. I hadn't properly stretched my legs in ages.

Day 11:

The swelling has calmed down but I hope this isn't it lol I'm still swollen but I'm pretty sure 60% of it has gone down. I went for a walk in the park yesterday. I haven't been out by house since coming back from Belgium. Stretching is ESSENTIAL! I've been stretching for the past 3 days and I can definitely see the light. I've been feeling stiff but it's been getting better. I can go back to work now and who knows if I has started stretching a couple days earlier I could've gone back earlier. If I hasn't done my inner thighs specifically, I would've gone back.

I've been massaging my legs and waist towards my lymph nodes (towards the groin area) and it definitely helps with the swelling and from what I've read it helps minimise/prevent lumps and bumps.

I've regained sensation on my inner thighs but the front of my thighs are still numb. Generally, I'm happy. I can see the light cos the initial swelling was depressing. I'll post pics in a week or so.

Three Weeks Post-Op

Everything's back to normal.. kind of... ish lol. I'm back to work & I feel no discomfort whatsoever. However, I'm still a bit swollen, i comes and it goes. I don't even know what's real anymore. Also my compression garment is too big so I'm gunna buy some spanx. So much for a sexy summer body. Maybe with the spanx on. Note to self: Next time do it in the winter..