Invisalign beginnings- Belfast, GB

Hi there! I have started Invisalign and am on...

Hi there!
I have started Invisalign and am on tray 2. I have found the following tips helpful
- start wearing the trays at night.
- use a Scholl battery powered nail file to smooth the edges of the trays.
- at night time use first aid sticky tape over your mouth -no dry mouth and a good night sleep!

Dry lips remedy

I use Elizabeth Arden 8 hours lip balm and it works a treat. It keeps the lips moist and adds a bit of shine. It also does not show on my retainer. ( I tried lipstick and it was an epic fail! )

Tray 3- Mouthwash breakthrough!

Hi, I am on the third tray now. I have become good at filing the sharp edges, no more lisp, no pain at all. All is good then apart from the fact I still cannot see any great progress. There is more space between my teeth, and flossing is easier. But I am not sure there is a smile improvement yet!
A good tip I have discovered about mouthwashes: I can't bear their minty aggressive and overpowering taste, it gives me a sore stomach. But I have discovered Ultradex oral rinse. It is brilliant. No taste, like water, and cleans, protects and whitens as well. I love it! ( It comes with a minty sachet you can add if you need the minty taste). I use it as a mouthwash, then pour a little bit inside the trays before night time- weyhey, whiter teeth! Check the reviews on Amazon if you like.
I am so impatient though and would love to see some progress in my smile- the weeks are dragging on!

Tray 5 very sore

I am now on tray 5 and am very sore. I lost tray 4 on the last day at 9.30am and found it again near 4pm. Instead of wearing it an extra day, I "saved " time by wearing tray 5 as planned from 9pm on that day. Ouch!
Popping the painkillers now.
A lesson learnt!

Tray 8 progress and Busted!

Tray 8 was quite sore at the beginning- no pain no gain I suppose! Starting to see a slight change. I can't wait to go to the ortho and look at the new trays. He usually gives me four in advance.
So far 1 person noticed- he was a dentist! And I told 1 person, because she told me she wanted to get her teeth fixed and did not want braces. I whipped out my Invisalign trays and the look of surprise on her face was priceless. She had not noticed even though I see her every day!

Tray 13 - what a difference!

Everything is going smoothly. Getting a bit bored at times with the whole thing, but all I need is to look at pics of my teeth 6 months ago and I feel so happy! I am smiling so much more. Feeling more confident too. If you are in 2 minds about the treatment my advice is go for it! It is worth it.

Tray 16 update

On tray 16 out of 30 and delighted with my teeth's progress. I was at my dentist's for a check up. She had not seen me in 10 months and she was amazed at the difference in my bottom teeth! For the first time in years the tooth that stuck out is now in line. I am smiling so much more!