Going for It...! - Beaverton, OR

Went in for my consultation with my PS, he told me...

Went in for my consultation with my PS, he told me it would be a few weeks to go through insurance and to call him back if they didn't call me first well two weeks went by and I didn't hear anything so called them, they hadn't even sent in paper work yet so I was a little disappointed but she said she would get it in right away the next week called back and I was approved ! It all of a sudden became really real to me.

Other ladies journeys haves helped.

I want to thank all you ladies on here who have shared their BR experiences it's helped me more than I can say. It's helped me to have courage to face this, encouragement to know that I might feel better after it's done. I have 8 days to go! I'm a 38 G , 52 years old , just tired of the uncomfortable feeling that goes along with large breasts, not to mention nothing fits right so I end up trying to hide behind large shirts and layered clothing. I want to feel confident in how I look plus want to feel better. Been cleaning and getting supplies, thank you all for you lists they have been very helpful. Still very nervous and trying not to think of it only a week away !

Getting Nervous......!

I'm going in for Pre- Op tomorrow, still have this pit in my stomach but I know that if I keep going forward I can do this. My husband is supportive which I'm very thankful. I'm a little worried about the size I will be? My PS told me C or D? I'm thinking I want to go smaller so a C....? after being so large I can't even imagine. Also I have been reading a lot of other posts and I'm thankful for the lists of things I might need so I've been shopping but is there anything that I might be forgetting that possibly helped? I have front opening shirt... but no surgical bras yet I did go shopping for one but I didn't know what size to get is there time to buy one after or do I need that support right away? I'm a little worried about right after. Any advice I would appreciate it. Thank you!

52 yr old grandma...38G ,

Went in for pre-open yesterday they really didn't do much just gave me a few instructions and sent me on my way. I did have a list of questions they helped answer which made me feel better. Still very nervous but PS said it was natural to have these feelings. Guess I'm ready just waiting for Wednesday morning I'm the first of the day. Prayers needed.

Had Surgery........

Wow, what a day still in hospital but wanted to give an update.

All I can say being on this side is wow , I admire everyone who has done this, can't find the words.

I will give description when I home, writing on kindle is a pain.

Home... sweet home!

Oh my gosh glad to get home. The hospital was wonderful but can't get any real rest in there. My PS changed my dressings before I left the hospital so I haven't really gotten a good look yet and have to have these on til Tuesday ! I just feel a little flat chested, not sure what size I'm going to be. PS said around a C so I'm excited about that. Still real sore, and tired. After surgery wasn't a good time, had extreme amount of nausea. They gave the patch and anti nausea which they figured was over the top, took off the patch and I was better. So not sure I would recommend the patch not anti nausea thru intravenous. What an experience though and so happy to be on this side and recooperating. Hang in there gals such a good feeling we're not alone in all this.
Doctor Busby

What a kind gentle man I found in doctor Busby, so glad I went with him. He made me feel better right from the start.