31 and 1 Beautiful 4 Year Old****Mommy Makeover - Portage, MI

Here's my story : ) 2011 I got pregnant with my...

Here's my story : ) 2011 I got pregnant with my daughter.....I gained around 30lbs and had to have a c-section. Afterwards the weight didn't want to come off. My boobs weren't perky no more from breastfeeding. I had a belly from the c-section. I started eating better and trying to work out when I could. I did loose some weight but the belly was still there and the boobs still weren't perky : ( I wish losing weight was as easy as gaining weight.......so I started researching the heck out of a mommy makeover. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH can't say that enough.... I opted for a tummy tuck, breast reduction w/lift and lipo. I interviewed 3 doctors and ended up going with one in my hometown. My surgery was July 20th and boy was I nervous....I prepared myself as much as I possibly could.....pain meds filled two weeks before, starting taking vitamins (Multi's and Vit C) continued to eat well, made a shopping list of anything and everything I might need......I took the day off before surgery to do something special with my daughter since I would be down and own for a while. I highly suggest taking that day to just chill or pamper yourself. The big day I got my daughter off to school and my best friend took to the surgical center right across from my doctors office. And in I went for my 5 hour surgery..........
Day1: Painful, drugged, slept......it's hurt not gonna lie it was painful but I had a good support system helping me plus I had a pain pump for 48 hours. Drains were annoying got in the way and had to be emptied. You can't do it alone you are gonna need help.
Day 2: Slept and rested. Mastered how to get out of bed (with help) to go pee.
Day 3: Had a doctors appt to remove drains in boobs and to remove most the dressings. Doctor everything looked really well. Turns out the surgical staff (not the doctors staff) connected my pain pump but never actually turned it on. So the extra pain to help me through the first two days I never got. Complained to the doctor said he would take care of it.
Day 4: Up and about more still hunched over that hurts the most kills your back tried not to push it quick trips to the kitchen and back *****Nasty I know but you will start your period at some point....PREPARE*****
Day 5: Definitely feeling someone what better...bestie removed my pain pump for me today super easy didn't hurt. Removed bra to wash weird seeing my boobs so small : ) Still have pooped gross I know but I wished I would have prepared for that more...shouldn't have started taking s laxative sooner maybe.
Day 6: side of my boobs are swollen and sore from the lipo been applying ice to help. Moving around more still hunched over so annoying. Still resting also I get tired really easy.
Will Keep Updating.

Finally got out and about

Had my follow up on the 26th last drain out said everything looks greatX he said I could stand up straight but I still find it hard to think it's all in my head. Feeling somewhat better today...got out and about to get some fresh air.....love the fact I can wear I sports bra and it not hurt.....

Last couple days just been working on moving around more, standing up straight..lol. Almost there.

3rd Follow Up : )

August 2nd had my 3rd follow up...ha dot drain some fluid out of my tummy. Doctor said was common to have to do it once or twice. Said everything look really good. Been up and out more trying to get more active but I get wore out quickly. Naps are my best friend.

4 weeks post op....

Haven't checked-in, in a while but so far so good. Still swollen on my stomach and my sides. My boobs look good. Have a couple spots at the T incision that aren't healing as fast. But was told it's normal. Just keep clean. Have moved to check up every 3 weeks. Doing more, getting around more. Super happy so far.
Portage Plastic Surgeon

Doctor is very personable. Never made me feel uncomfortable. Was very straight forward about what would work and what wouldn't. I left my consult knowing I made the right decision by choosing him. Will definitely be returning for future procedures. The only complaint I had was with BrookSide surgical center's staff not Dr. Holley's staff. They forgot things and acted like they didn't care. Not his fault bit still bad for business.