Very Dificult Recovery for Someone That Needs to Use the Computer All Day Every Day - Barcelona, ES

Before I decided to do the lasik surgery I looked...

Before I decided to do the lasik surgery I looked in here to see people's opinions. As it was mostly positive I decided to go for it.

If I have known how the recovery would be, I would not have done it. I did not have much eye sight problems, -1,75 and -1,5 nearsightedness plus 0,25 and 0,50 astigmatism. I wanted to do the surgery because I think we read so much in our phones nowadays, which I am often not using the glasses, that part of my tiredness and exhaustion I was feeling could come from this.

The clinique I went to is a big one, and my friend that is an ophthalmologist and works there got me booked with a doctor he said was one of the best in spain.

When they tested me for the procedure they told me I had "little tear", meaning my eyes were not very moist. I have never needed eye drops before, and at the time I did not think that could be a problem. At the center, they did not tell me this could be a problem.

They had told me that after one week I could work again, and after 1 month my sight would be normal, and this did not happen to me. It took me 3 weeks to be able to work more then 2 hours a day, even then it took me about 2/3 months to be able to work a full day, even using eye drops many times a day.

Now, 8 months after the procedure I still need to use eye drops quite frequently, especially at night. I wake up in the middle of the night with a very dry eye. My vision does not feel perfect yet, but they will test me again only in may. I have asked my friend that is an ophthalmologist and he tells me recovery varies a lot, and if I had little tear, my recovery could last longer than most.

It has not been the end of the world for me, but the annoyance of such a long recovery plus the first month of recovery is not worth for me, compared to how much wearing glasses was bothering me. If I was to decide again, I would have saved those 2000 euros for something else, and just continued wearing glasses. if I was blind without glasses, that would be another matter.
Barraquer clinic