Asian Rhinoplasty(Alarplasty/Tip Work/Gortex) - Thailand, TH

So I went to Masterpiece Clinic in Bangkok,...

So I went to Masterpiece Clinic in Bangkok, Thailand. First off, I would like to compliment this clinic for being fantastic in their customer service and professionalism. Everyone here was nice from beginning to end. This is a big deal considering their clinic is SO BUSY & booked for months! Usually clinics like that are rude or rush you... Wait times do kind of suck but expected. But they were so nice! My plastic surgeon, DR. BENZ, is so sweet, patient and a great communicator. I think he is a genuine person (he speaks English well). He specializes in nose reconstruction.

I explained to him that I wanted to reduce my alars and understood that in doing so, the rest of the nose would need work to keep the aesthetics looking balanced. So he told me that I had a hump on my nose that he wanted to shave down. It never really bothered me because it was minor but said "okay!"
He also would be harvesting cartilage from my ear to build my nose tip.

When I woke up from surgery -- I felt ZERO PAIN!!! In fact, truthfully, I was dreaming and when I woke up it was like waking up any other day. Then I realized I wasn't at home and there's a bandage on my face haha. I read several rhinoplasty stories prior and was prepared for bruising and swelling and discomfort. However, I believe that DR. BENZ was gentle and careful with my surgery. I didn't even look swollen to myself. Even days later, I looked normal (maybe a little puffy). My surgery was suppose to be 2 hours but I found out it took 4.5 hours. That scared me a bit but I figured Dr. Benz did not rush my surgery. I really give this man the benefit of doubt!

Anyway-- the experience has been an emotional one because you don't know what you are going to look like. My anxiety was horrible while I had the cast on and maybe even worse when it came off. I felt like my alars were still too big and the tip made me feel like a bird BUT like they ALL SAY -- you won't see the actual result til swelling goes down (it can take 6-12 months).

It made me feel like I regret changing my profile because I was content with the height of my profile before-- I only changed it because i researched that if you reduce the alar then the nose will look flat or short. But now when I smile I felt like a bird with a beak & like my nose was SO BIG!! When I didn't smile, I looked fine. In fact, when I didn't smile-- I actually looked prettier than I did before the operation.

I was so emotional about it. I was worried people would notice when I return to the states AND I DID NOT TELL ANYONE about this... I was like "AHHH how can I HIDE something on my face!!?" Which is ridiculous why I'm posting a review on realself. I figured after my panic attack and asking questions that will never delete -- why not? I wanted to give Masterpiece Clinic a great review. #YOLO

So I saw Dr. Benz the following week and expressed my concerns (AFTER I flattered him for making my entire experience physically painless). He intently listened to my concerns and was super confident that the part I hated would subside. He said the full result will show in 6 months and in one month 70-80 percent of the swelling should go down. The assistant also reminded me that I was only at 13 days. It felt longer to me since I imprisoned myself indoors.

BECAUSE this is what EVERYONE always says, I accepted the answer gracefully lol but said "BUT....."
".... If I don't like it after 6 months... Can I come back to you to fix it?" He kindly responded "If you still don't like it-- I will do a minor fix for you!" But again, he was positive that I would indeed like it.

This made me feel relieved that I could come back in 6 months if I still felt bad about it. Because it would be awful to deal with it longer. IF I DO NOT LIKE IT in 6 months , I will NOT be upset with him because I truly believe he is a great surgeon and knows what he's doing. But communication between too ppl can vary...& isn't perfect and beauty is in the eye of the beholder , and in this case , between the surgeon and the patient haha.

Anyway-- I'm at day 15 so maybe I'm being crazy! It just doesn't LOOK like I'm swollen so it makes me assume that my nose is at its final stages too.

Day 30

I'm still having mixed feelings. Some days I've accepted it like "I can work with this!" And some days I'm thinking "I need to plan a revision." The left side of my profile is much more feminine and curves slightly but the right side of my profile does the opposite. It's much more masculine on the right side and looked humped rather than curved and just bigger than the other side. Even worse when I smile. However, the feminine side gives me hope that the right side merely needs to catch up lol!! But I could be wrong ? Sometimes I become OBSESSED and start looking for other rhinoplasty stories to see how others deal with the "waiting game". Even more frustrating when the statement "it is too soon to judge your nose" is MENTIONED EVERYWHERE IN THE REALSELF COMMUNITY!! Lol like dam I gotta wait 6 months to a year just to get answers !

Ready for improvements already !

So it's been 3-4 months already. Already losing track of time. The results are super natural and nobody has noticed I did anything not even my family members. It looks better than before but I was paranoid going into face surgery that my face would be ruined. So to play it safe I asked my doctor for super MINOR changes. I stressed this on him over and over saying things like "not too small" and "I don't want anyone to notice!!" He did exactly as I asked and I would LOVE to go back to him for a minor adjustment. I wanna bring in the alars more. I wanna narrow the tip top but have no idea how that's done or if it's possible.

The problem is--- going to Thailand for surgery is not easy at all. Disappearing and going off the radar to keep this big secret from everyone u know is stressful! I saved so much money going overseas but I might have to settle for the convenience of doing it in the states. I had a consultation with a surgeon here in town about an alarplasty and he recommended I come in for that at the 8 month mark. My surgeon said 6 months he would do it for me but hey are more precautious here in the states. I have another consultation in Austin next month and nervous about what he will say.

Another update

Took a picture today. Again very natural and slight change.
Dr. Benz

My doctor was great as I mentioned in my review!