40 Years Old, 4 Kids, Drainless Tummy Tuck, 5"3', 123 lbs

I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck in 3 days. It...

I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck in 3 days. It took me a long time to decide to finally book this procedure. I have 4 kids and have never had surgery before.
My problem right now is that I have come up with a bit of a cold the past couple days. I have emailed the nurse at the clinic per their instructions and am waiting to hear back on whether I can still go ahead with thr surgery or whther I have to reschedule. I am hoping not to reschedule as I have already arranged for time off work for my husband and I and also have booked flights for both of us into the city where I will be having surgery. I have a runny and stuffy nose but nothing else. Has anyone else had surgery with a bit of a cold or should I expect them to reschedule?

Had my drainless tummy tuck surgery on Oct 19th as planned

Am now almost 2 weeks post op. Am feeling really good. I was very bruised and swollen after surgery. My bruising is much better now and the swelling is very slowly going away. Am adding some pictures from day 5 & day 10 post op.

I have a vertical crease above and below my belly button that my ps assures me will go away once the swelling goes down. If others have had this crease I would love to hear about whether it went away and how long it took to go away. I think I do see a bit of improvement in the last week. I was panicked about it at first but am hopeful now that I found some women with similar creases on another site that resolved themselves after several weeks.

I love my new body contour/shape and my scar placement!

One month post op

I am now one month post op. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by!! My scar is healing really well and I a happy with the placement. I still have a bit of swelling mostly in my mons pubic area after a long day. I also have a bit of bruising still that I hope resolves soon. My crease seems to be improving! This was my biggest worry and I am getting happier with it as the weeks pass. I bought a couple new bikinis recently which I can't wait to wear on our vacation in a few months. Also looking forward to working out my core and getting my abs in shape! My PS says I can start this at 6 weeks.

2 months post op- so happy so far!

I can't believe that I am two months post op already! I feel fantastic and though I don't look perfect, I feel that I look amazing compared to my before pics from 2 months ago. I am so happy with my results! I feel so confident with my stomach and body. I am so happy to be able to buy shirts that are tight to my stomach and not have to worry about constantly pulling my clothing away from my stomach rolls. My "crease" that I was so worried about before looks much better. I have been exercising again and the crease has been looking more natural and muscular. Can't imagine how great I am going to feel in another month or so!!
Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays everyone!

3 months - wow!

Quick update and some new pictures as today is my 3 month anniversary of my abdominoplasty surgery. I feel great! I love the way I look. I am so happy with my results thus far. Am headed south for a hot vacation next week and cannot wait to rock a bikini for the first time in many many years! Cheers!
Banff Plastic Surgeon