40 Years Old, 4 Kids, Drainless Tummy Tuck, 5"3', 123 lbs

I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck in 3 days. It...

I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck in 3 days. It took me a long time to decide to finally book this procedure. I have 4 kids and have never had surgery before.
My problem right now is that I have come up with a bit of a cold the past couple days. I have emailed the nurse at the clinic per their instructions and am waiting to hear back on whether I can still go ahead with thr surgery or whther I have to reschedule. I am hoping not to reschedule as I have already arranged for time off work for my husband and I and also have booked flights for both of us into the city where I will be having surgery. I have a runny and stuffy nose but nothing else. Has anyone else had surgery with a bit of a cold or should I expect them to reschedule?

Had my drainless tummy tuck surgery on Oct 19th as planned

Am now almost 2 weeks post op. Am feeling really good. I was very bruised and swollen after surgery. My bruising is much better now and the swelling is very slowly going away. Am adding some pictures from day 5 & day 10 post op.

I have a vertical crease above and below my belly button that my ps assures me will go away once the swelling goes down. If others have had this crease I would love to hear about whether it went away and how long it took to go away. I think I do see a bit of improvement in the last week. I was panicked about it at first but am hopeful now that I found some women with similar creases on another site that resolved themselves after several weeks.

I love my new body contour/shape and my scar placement!

One month post op

I am now one month post op. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by!! My scar is healing really well and I a happy with the placement. I still have a bit of swelling mostly in my mons pubic area after a long day. I also have a bit of bruising still that I hope resolves soon. My crease seems to be improving! This was my biggest worry and I am getting happier with it as the weeks pass. I bought a couple new bikinis recently which I can't wait to wear on our vacation in a few months. Also looking forward to working out my core and getting my abs in shape! My PS says I can start this at 6 weeks.
Dr Susan Maclennan