Ready for Revision Rhinoplasty with Radiated Rib - Baltimore, MD

I've had rhinoplasty back in 2001 but due to the...

I've had rhinoplasty back in 2001 but due to the lack of experience with african noses, my surgeon recommended a one size fits all silicone implant which I rejected, and ended up with just my bridge being reshaped and the tip was left undone. I figured maybe that could work and was somewhat satisfied with the results, but about 4 years ago I noticed how bulbous my tip became over the years and a deformity started to appear on the right side of my tip. It was time to consider a revision but since it's almost impossible to find a surgeon who specializes in african rhinoplasty in Canada I decided to look in the US, and after some thorough research my choice fell on Dr. Boahene in Baltimore. So I'm one day pre-op and I will update as I go along.

So far so good

The surgery experience was great with all the staff at the surgery center. Their bedside manner is remarkable. I'm feeling good already a few hours after leaving the clinic. Probably won't be using those pain killers I purchased. We'll see in the following days. Ohh, and I also had some fat transfered to my cheeks.

Cast is getting off tomorrow

My main concern at this point is the swelling on my cheeks. Apparently fat transfer swelling won't go down before 3 months.

Shrek nose

My nose is ridiculously swollen. I know a lot of work was done on the tip and I was told to expect this, but now I have to stay hidden from view as much as possible for the next few months. What a shame.

Looking better

The swelling has gone down quite a bit in the last 24hrs. I'm starting to like what I see.

6 months post-op

I must say that my recovery has been frustrating at times because the tip of my nose took quite some time to show the definition I was looking for. The worst part is always early in the morning when I get outta bed. My nose always looked bulbous for at least an hour or more. It's getting much better now. I followed the doctor's advice and waited patiently until my 6 month mark. I can finally say the wait is over, and it was well worth it. Hopefully it will keep looking better.
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Boahene is a doctor who excels in natural looking noses. After seeing the before and after pics shown on his website I was convinced he is the one who could deliver the results I was aiming for. He is a rather conservative surgeon so if any drastic change is desired one must stress this fact to him. I gave him full liberty to decide wether or not an incision was necessary to narrow the width of my nostrils. He chose not to do it. Good call! Overall this investment was well worth it.