25 Year Old Female Having Liposuction to Inner thighs, flanks, arms and abs! - Baltimore, MD

I am having liposuction performed on my inner...

I am having liposuction performed on my inner thighs, belly, arms and flanks next month. I am looking to see if there is anyone around my age that has gone through this procedure on any or all of these body parts. If so, how was your experience? When did you see the final results? How long did it take to heal? How long did it take for the swelling to subside? How was the scarring? Did you use any product on the scars to lighten them? When were you able to walk around and resume normal activity? How long were you out of work?

I scheduled my pre-op appointment for this Wednesday! I am extremely excited (and super nervous)! My surgery is scheduled for April 22nd!

Surgery is scheduled!

Okay! Surgery has been scheduled with Dr. Larry Lickstein at Belecara Surgery Center NEXT week. I am very nervous!!!! But, I am extremely excited to get my high school body back. I am by no means overweight but I am looking to contour and perfect my frame in the way that exercising and eating habits haven't been able to. I will be posting pre-op pictures by Tuesday.

Pre-op pics!

Post op day one!

The day of surgery I got home and slept pretty much the rest of the day but didn't feel much pain until today was a bit rough. I woke up swollen and stiff with A LOT of pain when I moved any and every part of my body, even slightly. Nothing unbearable but nothing pleasant either. I have been taking hydrocodone, arnica tablets, keflex and Benadryl. My lower abs are tight and my lower back is extremely swollen. Plus I am not able stand up straight yet and I feel like the drain I have is a little sore. But I can say I love my one piece garment because it hides all of the bruising so far. My 1st post op is tomorrow and they will take off the garment for the 1st time (and hopefully remove the drain)! Ever since the surgery (4/22/15) I haven't had much of an appetite. But I have had soft foods to take with the medication.

Post-op Day 2

Today I am VERY stiff and sore. Plus, the itching is driving me a little crazy. I had my 1st post op appt with the nurse, Lisa from Belecara this morning and it went very well. She took off my garment to check on each of the areas that I had the procedure done on and she removed my small drain. There is definitely a lot of swelling in my lower back especially because I am sleeping with my legs, arms and shoulders elavated. Thankfully there has not been much bruising right now, which is a shocker. I've been taking the Vitamedica Arnica Montana pills from Belecara for the swelling and bruising in addition to the prescribed medication from Dr. Lickstein, so I am going to assume that is the reason I am having very little bruising. Overall I feel good and Lisa said that I'm healing well. I still don't have much of an appetite but I am eating soft foods and crackers with each dose of medication. On top of all else, Dr. Lickstein personally called me to see how I was doing and to see if I had an questions or needed anything. Icing on the cake! So far I've had a great experience with Dr.Lickstein and the Belecara staff. I would definitely recommend Dr.Lickstein to anyone interested in surgery. I just can't wait to see the end result.

?Dr. Larry Lickstein from Belecara in Baltimore,MD has been great.

Dr. Larry Lickstein from Belecara in Baltimore,MD has been great. He is extremely patient and knowledgeable. Dr. Lickstein and his team have been so comforting and helpful. Dr. Lickstein explained every part of the process with me which I really appreciated being this was my very first surgery. I would recommend him to anyone interested in body contouring.

Post Op Day 3

This morning was definitely a bit of a struggle but as soon as I got up and began moving around I felt better. I have had the absolute worst itching, which is driving me a little crazy! I also noticed that the bruising is really bad in certain areas (arms and thighs) and the swelling is extreme when I take the garment off. I am still stiff and the sutures are still tender to the touch on my arms and back. There are also some spots that feel hard and some numb areas. I haven't been able to stand straight up and walk yet but I have walked around a the mall and gone to the movies yesterday and today to get back into the swing of things. I am hoping tomorrow morning will be 1,000 times easier when I wake up and try to get dressed (wishful thinking) because I am going back to work at 8am ????. The biggest challenges so far are getting out of bed because of being perched in one position all night with my arms and legs elevated. The other challenges are getting in and out of the car and last is putting on the garment after showering. My body feels and looks like it expands to my original size after a few minutes out of the garment. I found out that I had 2400 CC's removed total which equals about 6lbs. I'm not worried about the weight I just can't wait to see the difference in inches when I'm completely healed.

2wk post op Update with before & after pictures!

I am 2 weeks and 2 days post op today! I took post op pictures at my last post op appointment this past Tuesday (images attached)! I ended up going back to work on Monday, April 27th, which was only 4 days after the surgery which I would never recommend! That week at work was extremely rough! I had to call out on Wednesday of that week due to some side effects from the medications. The swelling, stiffness, dryness and soreness were extreme the first week. I would not recommend to go back to work for at least two weeks. I am still sore and stiff and I am still unable to sleep comfortably on my sides due to swollen flanks. I am was told to wear the foam pads under my compression garment for only two weeks but i am still wearing them because I feel uncomfortable without them because of the swelling. The swelling in some areas has decreased but not by much. I really love the shape of my waist so far so I am very excited to see the final result. Lastly, due to the tightness in my thighs and abdomen I am unable to stand up completely straight. I have most of the range of motion back in my arms and legs but getting in and out of the car can still be a bit uncomfortable.
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Larry Lickstein from Belecara has been great. He is extremely patient and knowledgeable. Dr. Lickstein and his team have been so comforting and helpful. I would recommend him to anyone interested in body contouring.