Mid-age, Mother of 2, Finally Doing Something for Me. Natrelle 533 Silicon Mid Profile BA Toda! - Baltimore, MD

Today is the day for my surgery. I have been ...

Today is the day for my surgery. I have been waiting for a while to do this for ME. Don't feel guilty, ladies. Especially if you are a mother who's body was transformed my having children. Spend a lot of time with your sizers. The longer you walk around with them like they are part of your body, they tend to start looking smaller. I went to a board certified plastic surgeon with a smaller practice who let me take multiple sizes home with me. I bought a larger bra that I was shooting to fill, and spent a lot of time wearing them to help my husband and I decide what size was best. He didn't want me to be "too big". But the longer I had the sizers in and wore clothes with them, the bigger he wanted me to go. Take your measurements with the sizers in with a non-padded bra and compare with your waist and hip measurements. It will help you realize "your not going too big". I'm petite, 5'2" and weigh 119. No your measurements ladies because that is an important factor in choosing the right type of implant. Ask your PS the measurements he took during the consult. Pull the implant size chart from the manufacturers website to see the width differences and projection differences. I will be sharing my journey with all of you. My current bra size is a 34a. A BEFORE photo is showing and I will post photos as my journey unfolds. I will share my ups and downs so that it may help one of you make the best decisions for size for your own body

1 day post op

I survived. Less pain than 2 csections for sure. The worst was me getting sick from the anesthesia. I stopped the pain pills because the pain is more like aches from a sports injury. As far as sleeping, invest in a bed wedge to incline your body. Best $40.00 spent. Sore but palatable. So glad I took my time and had the sizers at home a week to choose my size. They look perfect for my body. Ladies, don't get fixated on the cc's. Each of our bodies look different and also our widths for the pocket fir the plant. The nurse during my check in asked what size I was going with and she said "wow, that is big". But my PS is very conservative. I was no where near the maximum he would allow me to go. Ask these questions with you PS. I didn't wants boobs to look like torpedoes sticking out so I went within profile as my body looked more "natural" with these. High profile have a smaller diameter and a larger projection. I will keep posting updates as I go along.

2nd Day Post Op Pics

Took a shower for the first time today. When I took the bra off it felt so weird. The PS did a wonderful job. No bruising at all. Even with them riding high, they still look pretty. My husband was shocked on how good they look just after surgery. Don't take the pain meds if you really don't need them. I feel better each day because I am moving around. Don't be a couch potato. Your recovery will be longer. I'm really happy with the size that I chose. Again, I spent 2 weeks with sizers. Longer I spent with them in a bra and with clothes on , the more they became small. You can still look natural by giving yourself perfect measurements with your waist and hips. Glad of the mid profile and wider base for my body.

More PostOp, day 2

Day 3 post op Sleeping is the worst

I've not taken any pain pills since day 1. My breast are now getting the hot sensations, tingling from the nerves, and at times pain. It comes in waves. It's been tolerable but sleeping elevated is taking a toll on my back. A heating pad has helped with the back pain. My advice for the first 48 hours, ice as your doctor recommends religiously. I think that's a key in this healing process. My hubby placed a small cooler with ice and 2 bags of peas for me to access easily during the night. When I went to the bathroom, I switched them out for frozen ones in my freezer downstairs. Every time I woke through the night, the frozen pea packs were put on for 20 minutes. A few times I fell back to sleep with them on. Oops! I will post updated photos later today. Every day it's a little better. I hope my journey will help you have a better experience with your own. My doctor has me in a special bra with a Velcro strap on top to keep my breast secure 24/7.

Photos 3 days post op

Here are dome updated photos.

Day 4 post op

Went back to work today. Everyone at work knew I was having the procedure. Comments today were "tastefully done". Obviously, this is how my new implants have been perceived in clothing. I wanted it noticeable but not in your face noticeable. As large as I went, it was right for my body. Very tired after working 8 hours. I will post photos in a couple hours.

Photos 4 days post op

Had to try a swimsuit top post op 9 days

Still restricted to a special bra for 2 more weeks but wanted to try a swimsuit top on. First time in my life I am wearing a top without padding. Wish I would have done this 10 years ago!

New photos. Loving swimsuit shopping

Slowly dropping. My Doctor still has me in the compression bra for another week. Took it off to try a swimsuit on. Loving my new look????

4 weeks post

Absolute no regrets with my 533cc size. I love them!

Six weeks post op photos.

Ladies. Go bigger than you expect yo go. You won't regret it!
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Awesome! Bedside manners and knowledge is immeasurable. Johns Hopkins graduate. Not a run of the mill PS. Personable.