Getting Used to My New Body - Aventura, FL

So...I had my surgery on Mon, Feb 17th and lets...

So...I had my surgery on Mon, Feb 17th and lets just say, it's been quite an experience. I think I am guilty of underestimating the actual seriousness of this procedure and the recovery, but Dr. Salama and his staff has made the process as smooth & seamless as possible. Not only is he an excellent surgeon, but a warm & friendly person...quiet but still friendly. I am extremely pleased with my results so far and I look forward to seeing my results transform into more permanent results that will be worth the experience. His staff, is also very friendly, knowledgeable & have been extremely welcoming since our communications began via email & telephone. A few people who stood out for me are Nomie, in the doctors office. Liz, at the recovery house...which I chose to use as opposed to staying in a hotel. And Justin, the extremely friendly driver who is warm & personable. My Florida portion of the experience is coming to a close, as I will be heading back North (home), but I believe the same attention & help I experienced here will still be available once I'm gone. I would definitely recommend Dr. Salama to anyone considering BBL.

Travel Tips!!

So...I've been home for 5days & it's taken jus about that many days to re cooperate from my trip back home. My flight was only 2hrs so I didn't feel the need for any special arrangements to be made for myself. However, those 2hrs sitting on the boppy were very uncomfortable & also I didn't have any support for my back so I was forced to sit upright for the duration. Once the place landed, I didn't take into account the walk from the terminal in which I landed to baggage claim...which ended up being a 15min walk. The next morning I awoke to swollen ankles & feet, as well as extreme swelling in my inner-thighs (which were lipo'd) & impressions around my waist from sitting. The swelling in my feet & ankles has finally gone down & I've been massaging the impressions while showering & also I've had (2) in-home lymphatic massages (thank god fort traveling masseuse). So moral of the story...don't underestimate the trip home. Take advantage of any assistance available for you...don't end up like me. Booty still in tact tho!!!

Requested a respectable booty...not a video-chick booty!!

Decided to add some pics!!

I decided to add some pics since it was the pics of others that helped me make my it's only right to return the favor!

7days post

Slow Recovery...ughhhh!!!

So, I am now 2-1/2 weeks post-op and the recovery has been quite challenging. My swelling is slowly subsiding, which is good. My entire torso is still extremely hard, tight, sore, tingly & some areas. I've been lucky enough to find an extremely talented masseuse who makes house-calls. So I've been having massages 2-3times a week. They're very helpful but a bit painful still. In the beginning I felt like I couldn't move without them, but over the past few days I'm finding that my body has been more relaxed & loosening up more since the surgery. a tip, the massage is a lot less painful if u use a heating pad prior. Anyway...I jus had my massage & since I was out of my garment I decided to try on some clothes for the 1st time since I traveled home. Jus a couple pics in a form fitting dress I purchased awhile ago. Unfortunately my butt is still too firm to try jeans on. It's soft around the edges but still pretty firm everywhere else. I'm hoping one morning I awake and find that it has dropped & fluffed although I know it will probably b a drawn out process like everything else associated with the bbl. Happy healing everyone!!!

Great Roller

At my final doctors visit, Dr. Salama told me he wanted me to start using a heating pad for 5-10min & then begin to roll my lipo'd areas with a rolling pin. My mother found me this really cool rolling pin a few days ago at Kitchen Kapers, that looks as if it were made to roll skin, not dough. I've been using it after using the heating pad as well as in the shower. Anyway, I thought I'd post a pic of it since it's been working so well & the rolling does actually smooth out my skin.

3 Months Post-Op Review & Update

So it's finally 3months since my surgery & the worry that I'll lose any fat to absorption is over. With the exception of the 8hrs I sit at work on a gel cushion I ordered, I hadn't been putting pressure on my bottom. I drive with the foam half-circle under my thighs & I still sleep on my stomach. I feel like one side is softening quicker than the other...but on my 3-month mark I started driving without the foam & trying to put more pressure on my bottom since it seems to be extra sensitive now. Even using the cushion at work causes an ache in my butt & my tailbone. My lipo'd areas are also starting to soften but the sensations I feel on my torso are still not normal. I itch a little less now, but when I workout & I break into a sweat, there is an intense burning/itching sensation that is unbearable if I don't have an antihistamine in my system. I am pleased with the outcome with the exception of a couple of spots that hopefully resolve themselves as I heal.

Cushion I used!!