51 y-o 122 Lbs - BBL in Aventura, FL

Well, the time has come for my BBL procedure with...

Well, the time has come for my BBL procedure with Dr Salama. I am very nervousand at the same time ccautiously optimistic. I stated out at 122lbs and mow I am 130 lbs. I had to gain some fat so that I have enough to transfer. I am hoping to have 1300ccs in e as ch cheek. If there isn't enough fat in the common areas then I am willing to have fat taken from my inner thighs and arms...anywhere yo get that 1300 cc...no kidding.
I go for my pre-op today and I am hoping to meet Dr Salama since I am coming from out of state. I don't have wish pix per se but I do know what I want so I will be able to articulate to him my wishes. Amber Rose is my wish pic only becoz her body is petite like mine so thst would suit me well. Don't want a drastic transformation. .-).

Anyway, I will be posting my before and after pix so other ladies can see and make an informed decision as to whether or not this procedure is worth it.

Pre op Visit went extremely well

Met with Dr Salama's brother, Ruben who is the Practice Business Administrator. We had a very nice conversation and he put my mindat ease by assuring me that I am I good hands..Dr Salama. I left tgere feeling confident abd less nervous. I have to tellyou ladies that the key s having rearealistic expectations. Ii don't h as ve wish pix per se but I will be able articulate to the doc what I hope to have in the end. I might have to have my inner n outter thighs done if I don't have enough fat. This will be determined at time of procedure.
I am his first patient tomorrow so gotta go to bed now. Please pray for me and will update as soon as I am able to...with before n after pix.

Day 3 post op

My procedure went well and I am recuperating nicely. Dr. Salama is a wonderful person andvhis nurse anesthesist is very nice also. My only regret is my not having enough fat to have transferred but its not the doc's fault..no one's fault forbthat matter. Its just my genetic make up. I thank God for the 1100cc he was able to aggressively Lipo'ed n transferred to my butt. Ladies, if we are realistic in our expectations then we will not be very disappointed inb the end results. I m just hoping n n praying that I will be able to maintain the volume.

2-3 days post op. After first shower...:-)

Day 11 post op...w/o undergarment

I am praying that I get to keep this size FOEVER!!!!. I LOVE MY NEW BODY. DR SALAMA IS THE BEST!!!!!

Lympathic Drainage Massages

Can someone please recommend a spa or post surgery place where I can continue my massages in NYC area?

Before and After BBL

Not much difference....

Lymphatic Drainage Massage Post Lipo Surgery

I had my BBL done in Aventura and had some of my massages done there. I cannot find a suitable place in NYC to continue the lymph drainage massage. Can someone from NYC let me know if they know of a place that offers this? I need to have 5 more massages done. Thanks for your help.

Before and After Pix

Pic on left was taken on day of sx and the middle and right pix were taken 3 weeks post op.

7 weeks Post Op

I haven't done an update in a while purposely becoz I was waiting to give my true opinion of this procedure. . I have lost significant volume in my buttocks and according to feedback from plastic surgeons, I should expect more changes and loss o volume. Its not until about 3 months post can one assume that the results at that point is permanent. I am cautiously optimistic about my end results since my butt is doing this 'disappearing act'. I was told that maybe my body metabolizes fat fast since I am naturally a small person. Whatever the reason I am losing that voluptuous round butt I had right after the procedure and its really disappointing. I have spent $11,000 on the sugery, massages, airfare, food, garments, supplies, health care provider, tests and other misc expenses to end up right where I started...a flat butt. I give you my honest opinion based on MY experience.This proprocedure is truly not worth it. It costs too much $$ to not have something in the end to show for it.
I will wait until 3 months to say whether or not its definitely worth it. This is not to ddiscourage anyone considering BBL nut to enlighten you as to what you should expect in the end. Just have realistic expectations.
All thes best to everyone!!!

My Final Review

It has been a while since I last posted an update on my progress because I wanted to wait for my final results to express my true feelings about my results. It is now almost 4 months since my BBL and I lost ALL my butt volume. I started exercising moderately only 2 weeks ago and I have seen a rapid drop in my butt size. I did not get significant results to begin with and so it is extremely disappointing that after only 4 months I am back where I started pre-surgery...with a flat butt. I just want to say this, BBL procedure is overrated and overpriced especially since the results are not permanent. I just see on RS where Dr Salama has posted a few short videos making these disclaimers. I wish I had known this before so I would not invest so much money, time and effort into getting results that last only 4 months. I don't wish to discourage anyone but I do want everyone considering this procedure to know that the first 3 months are the best. You are going to feel very satisfied with your results until the swelling goes down and the butt starts to shrink. I read posts on RS where everyone writes how happy and satisfied they are with their results but it's not the same excitement and satisfaction later on. This procedure was definitely not worth it to me and I am extremely disappointed and wish I could get even half my money back coz I have NOTHING to show. My butt is so small that even a size small panty is too big. I am too embarrassed to share my pix but believe me ladies, BBL is not worth the money. They do not tell you that gaining weight for the procedure (like I had to) is not recommended coz that quick weight gain is not solid fat that will last in the buttocks. I am a testament that BBL is a big waste of money. So there you go...you can now make an informed decision. All the best to everyone....

Considering Round 2 with butt implants this time around

I am considering butt implants since the BBL procedure in Oct 2014 has left me no results. I am flat again as I was before the procedure. Can someone please recommend a butt implant specialist in the NYC area?

Butt implants specialist in NYC

Can anyone recommend an excellent butt implant ps in the NYC area? I need recommendations based on personal experiences. Thank you.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr Salama is very skilled at his craft. He has 'gifted hands'. Most importantly, he has great bedside manners and he is candid in his discussions with his pts about having realistic expectations. I would recommend him as he is just that good AND experienced. The only thing I would recommend to Dr Salama is to make his office staff a bit more diverse. Other than that, everyone was warm and appeared to be friendly. I especially LOVE the two nurses at the Surgery Center and Celia and Eileen...the 2 massage therapists. THEY R THE BEST!!!!