Dr. Salama is the man!

Surgery scheduled 10/8/15. Even though he does...

Surgery scheduled 10/8/15.

Even though he does have a year waiting list IF you are paying in cash you can have a sooner appointment. I made the decision Wednesday 9/15/15 to have the surgery called and had my surgery scheduled for October 8th. (Every month there are cancellations)

So far My BBL is $8,200
I will be staying 4 nights at the recovery house $1199

He does require you to stay in the area for at least 9 days so keep that in mind when planning.
Stay tuned.

I'm falling apart, 8 days before surgery :(

I'm generally healthy and RARELY get sick but these past few days have been HELL. Everyday I get closer to surgery I feel like I am falling apart.

Last Friday (9/25/15) I went to urgent care because I had a UTI
Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (9/26/15) I wake up with bloodshot eyes an excruciating headache and nauseous. I go back to urgent care and the doctor takes bloodwork, says that my UTI has cleared and it's probably just an adverse reaction to the medication used to treat the infection.
Last night I wake up with the most excruciating pain in my lower back :(
Maybe this is a sign, I don't need to go through with this...

Everyday I get closer I start to second guess my decision to have this surgery.

7 days!

My surgery is 7 days away, and before now I have been more excited than anything. Now the nerves are setting in. I am more than confident in Dr. Salama, it's me I'm worried about. I don't want to have unrealistic expectations and come out disappointed. I don't know what to expect from recovery. My boyfriend is coming down a few days after my surgery with his 3 year old daughter, I don't know how I will be able to handle recovery and an energetic 3 year old lol. I've already warned her I will be moving a little slow and won't be feeling well when she comes so hopefully she will take it easy on me... I'll post my before pictures after my pre-op appointment next week. Keep me in your prayers.

2 more days.

So the big day is less than 48 hours away...
My anticipation has subsided, and now I'm more anxious than anything.

Why I decided to get a bbl..
My entire life I have been obese, my heaviest I was 300 lbs. During my first semester of pharmacy school, obesity was a risk factor for nearly every disease we learned about. That wasn a wake up call in itself. Over the span of about a year and a half I lost over 100 pounds (187 at my lightest). Of which I have gained about 30 back and have maintained between 215 and 225 for the past 2 years. Despite my weight loss, I'm still uncomfortable when I look in the mirror, my body has in essence deflated. I have debated this procedure for years (as you can see I've been lurking on this site for almost 5 years) and now I am in a financial position to afford it. I know that because of my weight lost I probably need an entire body lift, but I plan on having children and would like to wait for that procedure until then. Right now I would just like to feel better about the skin I'm in.

Tomorrow is the big day!

I arrived at arrived at the airport where I was picked up by Justin and he took me to the office where I filled out all of my paperwork and I met with Nomie who esplanade the procedure pre op and post op. Justin picked me up, stopped me by Walgreens then dropped me off at the recovery house. Grace is an angel and made me a sandwich now I'm just sitting here watching tv. I have to be at the surgery center at 7 am. Fingers crossed.

Justin is really cool, I was venting to him about how nervous I was and how unsupportive my boyfriend has been and he gave me some very honest but good advice lol. I unofficially adopted him as my big brother lol.

Headed to the surgery center in less than a hour

I'm a nervous wreck, barely got any sleep. Keep me in your prayers.

I'm alive!

Still very weak. Update you guys as soon as I get my life in order

Post op

Just left the surgery center for post op. They placed my shirt and foams. Can't wait to get out of this nasty garment and take a shower.

Forgot to add pictures

Here ya go

He did that

The last 4 days have been a living hell. Not recovery just a lot of things going on in my personal life. Recovery hasn't been that bad. Finally got the opportunity to have some pictures taken. Salama did a great job. Full body pic once the swelling goes down.

Still swollen

But I decided to put on some clothes today and get out. I asked for an hourglass, he definitely did that.

Forgot to Post

5 weeks post op

Just an update

I've been sitting since day 3

Due to unforeseen circumstances and my job I have been sitting since nearly day 3. Probably affected my results but I'm still content.

6 weeks post

Uploaded on the wrong review

Round 2

I'm happy with my results, I just want a little more projection and a nice round bubble lol. I really want to go to Cali, Columbia they have amazing doctors but I have to take off 2 weeks from work which I don't want to do. I'm sold on Hasan, just leary because of the reviews I've been reading about him not being at vanity right now. I refuse to pay for the services of a doctor and have to switch last minute because he isn't available. Anywho my plan is to go in December as a celebration for my 30th birthday.

December 1 Round 2!!

Just paid my deposit it's official December 1 i will have my round 2 with Dr Salama!!! He doesn't typically use drains for second rounds and they offer a discount for return patients!!! I'm so excited!!!

Something isn't right about Vanity

I was communicating regularly with patient coordinator Amy earlier this week, she was very prompt when responding to emails (I mean within the hour). Up until yesterday (when I made the decision to go back to Dr. Salama) I had planned on going with them. I told Amy I was ready to pay my deposit and she asked who I banked with. I told her I would prefer to pay my deposit on my credit card and I haven't heard from them since. Something's shady about that place :/
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Salama is an amazing visionary. If you tell him what you want he will be honest and realistic about those results. As a plastic surgeon he's amazing. Can't rave about bedside manner, or his staff but his work is impeccable.