42 Year Old Gastric Sleeve Surgery. Austin, TX

I have been researching the surgery, and had...

I have been researching the surgery, and had convinced myself a few weeks ago that I would most likely not do it. But I have continued to read and research the procedure and read testimonials, and I think I was just afraid. I feel like I have wasted enough of my life being overweight, and its time to transform. I no longer feel like I can do this on my own, and I am tired of the endless cycle of trying, failing and self-loathing. I am proceeding with getting more information. I went to True Results in Austin, and was in the process of changing insurance companies, so they were unsure of whether my new insurance would pay for it. Even if they dont, there is still a possibility to have a hernia fixed (if I have one) and tack on the sleeve. We'll see. I am also researching going to Tijuana.

10 months post op

I am down 97 lbs. Started at a size 22/24 and am not 13/14 and wearing medium or large tops. No more plus sizes! My recovery has been awesome. Weight loss has slowed down significantly in the last month. Very, very happy overall...energy up, self esteem and self love higher, depression and anxiety lower.

One year post op

It took me a long time, but I finally hit 100lbs lost today. I danced around the same 5 pounds for a while, and then buckled back down and started getting more water in and getting back to basics with my food. My surgiversary is tomorrow, 12/15. It has been a really fast year. I should have taken my measurements before I posted this. For some reason I can't post pics...will try again later. It has been a great year, weight-loss wise. I have gained so much confidence and lost so much negativity. I went from a 22/24 and a 2x top to a 12/14 pants and a medium or large top. The other day I ordered some item of clothing online, and when I got the package and opened it up, my first thought was "wow, that looks really small", but I put it on and it fit. It's hard to wrap my head around it sometimes. I feel better and look better. But best of all, and most importantly, the negative self talk that went on inside my head constantly, daily, has ceased. All of my blood tests have gone well. A year later I still only consume maybe a cup of food at a time at the most. I eat several small meals a day. If anyone is thinking about doing this surgery, and you are on the fence, just do it. I know it's scary, but you won't regret it and honestly you will look back and wonder what the big deal was. I highly recommend Dr. Carlos Altamirano in Tijuana for surgery.

Stats, measurements and pics one year post op

When I posted my one year update, I hadn't measured in a while. So here's my data:

Highest weight: 315
Day of surgery weight: 294
Current weight: 194
Goal weight: 175

Measurements, pre vs now
Arms: 17", now 12" (I had an arm lift 2wks ago)
Waist: 42", now 33"
Hips: 55", now 44"
Thighs: 32", now 24"
Calves: 20", now 16"
Bust stayed the same at 42"
Dr. Ramos Kelly

Dr. is in Tijuana, not Austin. Skilled surgeon, greats results, horrible bedside manor and aftercare.