36 Year Old DONE Having Kids and Ready to Get Body Back

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

After much searching, found my surgeon Dr. Farà ...

After much searching, found my surgeon Dr. Farà in Atlanta, GA. My pre op appointment is this Thursday 11-17. So excited this is going to happen!! I've been through this before a long time ago after a car wreck that I had so I'm dreading the recovery time. This time around I'm going for a pain pump and more rest. I will keep everyone updated.

PreOp

Had my PreOp completed last week, and I have been cleared for surgery! My surgery date is 12/5 @ 7:30 am, and I have to be at the hospital by 6:00 am. My doctor gave me a list of everything that I need, and what to start and stop taking. Boy! It's a long and intimidating list... I've ordered everything off of Amazon (including a walker), and now it's all a waiting game. 9 more days and the day is here.

Today was the DAY! And so Day 1 of recovery begins

I arrived at the hospital at 6:00 am and was rolled to the operating room at 7:45. My procedure full tummy tuck with entire back liposuction ended at 1:15. I have a pain pump that will expire on my follow up visit which is this Thursday. My back is leaking and making a mess from the liposuction, and all the numbing medicine had officially wore off, so I'm in a great deal of pain, mostly my sides and back, but mostly from the drains. The drains feel like a burning pulling sensation and I will be so glad when they are removed.

Today was the DAY! And so Day 1 of recovery begins

Day 2

Day 2, Today I woke up in extreme pain, to the fact that my teeth were chattering uncontrollably., and a low grade fever. The pain was so intense, I've never felt that way in my life. I moved around more today hoping it would help my soreness, but only time will tell.

Day 3

I'm up and moving around. Still in pain, but better than yesterday

Flat Stomach Here I Come!

I had my surgery Monday 12/5 at 7:30 am at Wellstar Windy Hill. Everyone was so polite, and they truly have a smooth flow from valet parking, admissions, to holding. I was so sick to my stomach because of my nerves, that my surgeon asked if I wanted him to hold my hand while I was put to sleep. The next thing I remember was being awake heading to recovery.

Post Op Appointment tomorrow

So tomorrow will be 3 full days since my surgery, and I have to visit the surgeon for the first time since my surgery. I can not wait to see what's underneath the garment, but also I'm very nervous too. The compression garment has blood on it and it's beginning to stink. I've stressed my concerns with the surgeon, but he said not to remove anything, so I have not. I can not wait to get washed up, and smell like human again.

Day 5

Getting better! Still can not stand up straight, and still have to use a walker but I can tell a difference. My husband changed the bandage for the first time tonight and he did a wonderful job.

Ready for the drains to go!

Still so much swelling!!!

So far, so good. He is the chief of surgery so I think I'm in pretty good hands. It's a little different for me picking a surgeon, because I look for different qualities in a surgeon than the average female, because I work in the OR. Yes, bedside manner is important, but closing techniques and hospitals matter most to me. He has a heart of gold. Even gives you his cell number for emergencies, and calls you personally to follow up.