45 Years Old, 90 Lb Lost After 2 Kids and Gastric Bypass 2.5 Years Ago - Atlanta, GA

Been seeing various PS in Atlanta for well over a...

Been seeing various PS in Atlanta for well over a year now that seem to specialize more in body contouring more after significant weight loss. Had over 8 consultations until I finally found the surgeon I feel is the right fit. He does a drainless TT (all of the other PS I had consults with use drains)! Initially that made me very wary and I crossed him off my list, but I had a second consult with him and became convinced that he had more expertise and is on the cutting edge (but has done this for many years with no complications). I am nervous as I am also getting a breast lift at the same time (no implant). I own a business and have two small children, so the quicker I can be back on my feet the better. Luckily I do have a lot of help (wonderful husband, fabulous nanny, great support staff at my company), so things will be fine and I can heal as I need to. Looking forward to seeing the real results of all my hard work in the gym ove the past 2 years!

40 days until I'm on the flat side!

Figured it would be good to have some pre-op pics for comparison sake!

New Me for 2016

Getting ready for my extended tummy tuck and breast lift scheduled for December 30. After losing 90 lb over 2 years ago from gastric bypass surgery, I am ready to shed this skin and find the real me!

2.5 weeks post op

Procedure went very smoothly. 6 hours in surgery and then I stayed at the centers overnight suite (definitely worth it to be doted on by nurses as needed/wanted)! I had an Exparel injection in my tummy, so that definitely helped to ease the pain. Was up to go to the bathroom that afternoon. Needed a little help standing and getting down and up from the toilet, but overall it didn't seem all that bad. Was able to stand fairly upright from the get go. Most of my pain came from walking - where my thighs met my groin felt like my ski. Was tearing! I followed the advice of many others and kept on a regimen of pain meds every 4 hours for the first two days. As it turned out Dr. Eaves did a very extended tummy tuck - nearly 360 degrees - almost like a lower body lift! I feel like I have turned the corner this week and am getting back to some normal activities. I worked about 25 hours this week, but still had help at home with the kids. My tapes are all off and I happy with the results thus far realizing I still have a lot of swelling in the breasts and tummy/hips. I am starting to itch a good bit- it's weird because it is not necessarily incisional, but all over - especially the breasts - dr. Said to take Benadryl to help with it. I have another appt, next week, and hopefully will be getting on some sort of scar care regime.

3 weeks post op extended drainless TT and BL w/out implants

I Am doing great! Went back to work about 3-5 hours a day as of last Monday (only 1.5 weeks post op). This past weekend I went to the bowling alley with the family for a play date, then out with hubby for pedicures and dinner. Yesterday I worked a 12 hour day - now that WAS overkill and I felt it today! All my tapes are off. Tummy is doing well as far as little discomfort, but still lots of swelling by the end of the day. Breasts are really what bother me the most! Around my ribs very sore. Nipples always hard and extremely sensitive. Maybe too much arm movement is exacerbating breast discomfort? Still swelling a good bit in the breasts as well tothe tops and the sides. I am able to tighten my binder much more now, so that is good. I did measure my hips and waist and have lost 2" In each even with continued swelling. Go for my 3 week post-op this Thursday. Overall very happy!
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I am so happy I chose Dr. Eaves at Emory Aesthetic Center! Initially I felt like I had a great rapport with him, and I liked that his area of interest is body contouring after massive weight loss. He spent a great deal of time with me, and answered all my many questions (he was the 8th PS I had consulted). I was intrigued, but concerned that he did his procedures without drains since all the other PS I had seen would use several of them for a combo TT and BL, but as a professor at Emory who travels around the world educating other PS on the most cutting edge techniques, I was quickly certain he was the right Dr. For me. He has a wonderful bedside manner, and has been completely responsive to me during the post op period. I have his personal cell, and have on several occasions texted him pics of various areas of concern. Not once has it taken him more than 15 minutes to get back with me - even at 10:30 PM on a Saturday! I highly recommend Dr. Eaves!