Cochran Cutie- TT with Lipo and Fat Transfer to Hips

Met with Dr. Okoro May 2015 right after I have...

Met with Dr. Okoro May 2015 right after I have booked my breast augmentation with an Alabama doctor. He and his staff were so professional and took time to answer questions. I understand some would love to even be my size, and I thought I would be ok with my stomach... But I would just like to fix it. I really didn't want to have one big procedure. I have my tubes tied in July, my hernia fixed in August, and my breasts fine in October. Over the last few days I have decided I am going to get the tummy tuck. Dr Okoro was the 3rd consult and he seems to be the best. His body sculpting is amazing and I feel he is the best person to care for me.

A bit of sticker shock

I call to see if I need to make another appointment to visit the good doctor. The pic in my profile was from April 2015. I'd just lost a good deal of weight and my skin had not caught up to the weight loss. If you look at my pictures from my breast augmentation, I don't have all those stomach wrinkles and the skin is improved. While on the phone with the patient coordinator I realize my quote does not include estimates for the facility or anesthesia... That's roughly another $2500. Now we are talking a possible game changer for me. $8500 for this procedure... And I'm ideal weight for this. Anyway... I scheduled a follow up consult for January 13. After getting this information I scheduled a follow up at a local surgeon I visited while looking for my breast to be done. He gave me a quote for a mini at that time. We will meet tomorrow to discuss if he can even get my belly button down low enough for a full.

I've decided to use a local doctor

I don't want to sacrifice results for price. I would either have to pay another $2500 or look at a mini tuck and I'm pretty certain I need to just do the full at this point. Found with Dr Eugene M Moor in MountainBrook AL. I know a few people with great results from him, and I did really like him when I was looking for my breast augmentation.

Going to be a Cochran Cutie thanks to your reviews

After seeing the work for Thomas Cochran I had yo make an appointment. He does the incisions just as I mentioned previously, in the natural body creases instead of a rounded one. I met with him yesterday and he nor his staff disappointed. He said the gap in my muscles was really wide and as small as I am they were ever going back together on their own. He indictated I was easy for him to fix and they would take care of me.
Since my husband has a week of vacation at the end of this month, I booked for Feb 26. I went across the street the lab they frequently use and paid the $12 for the blood draw. I was able to get the compression stockings and pre op packet all prior to leaving.

Going to be a Cochran Cutie thanks to your reviews

I made an appointment to see Dr Cochran in Columbus,Ga on yesterday. He and the staff didn't disappoint. They seemed just the way you all described them.
He told me as small as I am, there was a large gap right down the middle and it would not go back together on its own. Who are you telling Doc?! That's really why I decided to stop fooling myself into thinking I could fix this on my own. I was going to be ok with how my tummy looked but my low back has been hurting for a little while and the more intense my yoga practice became, the more I noticed.

He told me I'm an easy fix for him and they would take care of me. He explained what he needed to do to correct things. Right to the point.
My husband has a week of vacation at the end of this month and I decided to do this Feb 26. I paid in full,received my pre op packet and compression stockings, and completed my blood work at the lab across the street($12) all prior to leaving.
I was so shocked when one of his employees told me she'd had a TT just 10 days ago and had been back at work for 5 days(although she did a couple of half days at first)... But still! Walking around and everything. I am very excited and cannot wait to be snatched.

Going to be a Cochran Cutie thanks to your reviews!

Down to the 2 week mark

Prescriptions filled. I think I'll check a couple of thrift stores for a cane or something... Just in case I'm bent over an to take the back pressure off.
I'm going to finish out my meal planning and I will have a week of food prepped and ready to go. Just checking around the site to see if there other minimum essentials that might make things easy. I have a recliner but I cannot see myself sleeping in that. I already don't like recliner sleeping.
My plan is to take a week off work. Then, I'll see how things feel and go from there.

Fat Transfer To Hips

I have no hips. And what I do have there are hip dip indenting. I thought about going ahead and adding fat transfer and even a BBL. The problem, they are scheduled very tight. The only even possible option I have is to do the hips only and that's $1200. I went ahead and paid that and have to wait until I arrive Friday to see if I can get it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I am not going to have enough fat after this to even think about this again. I'll just have to get back to weighted squats and such for a little better booty

Shower Seat

I paid the thrift store a little visit and picked up this shower seat to make things easier. It's slightly higher than a plastic lawn chair and definitely more sturdy.

On the flat side

I was scheduled for 10:30 est today. That surgery waiting area gave me my laughs for the next few months. Straight out of the 90's. Green carpet, yellow walls, ugly flowered sofa with even uglier crochet pillows. The tv was so old it made some sort of strange sound when we turned it on... Too funny

Anyway, after looking at me he changed the fat transfer to the hips price down to only $200!! God is so good.

I walked into the surgery suite and he leaned the entire table back to start my IV. Yea it's in the neck and it was the best no feeling prick of my life!! I am one with rolling and hard to get to veins and this was heaven! I was out after that.

I much have started be gaining some subconscious was with about 30 minutes left is the surgery. Because I knew this would have there was no freaking out. I could hear them talking, feel him making my belly button, the hip stuff, and him sewing me up. Some of it felt like a little pain but it was actually sort of fascinating to feel like I sort of know what went on. There's no long run sitting recovering somewhere. They immediately got me dressed and I threw up as soon as I was sat up. Was in the car around 1:45.

Another thing that was awesome, the small trashcan with a trashbag(not those Target bags) in it. Threw up again not even 5 minutes after starting to drive. The heaving was causing me pain. The 2.5 hr drive back home was challenging because I got off the table in pain. The hydrocodone really didn't do much and I was moaning the whole way home. My sister in law took me because I thought my husband would be called to work since it wasn't his vacation week just yet but he was home when we got here.
Trying to get out of the car was a nightmare!! Once I did get out I was completely bent over his arm and that's how we slowly got into the house. It took both of them about 25 minutes to get me propped into a tolerable position in the recliner. Then I popped 600mg of Tylenol. The anasthesia started wearing off and I got cold and trembles but the Tylenol kicked in right away... That's why I can give you this update right now. Things are tolerable and I no longer feel like my insides are ripping out. I will stay on top of the pain meds so that I cannot experience those feelings again

Day 2

Today wasn't much better. Tried several times to get up and walk around. I'm bent over pretty far and I'm feeling some strong pains from the incision that low close to my leg. The great thing is, that it's going to look great where it's located. I finally figured to ace bandage it in order to apply a little pressure to it. The Lortab is the worse. Tylenol seems to be much better for me. Things feel ok until I try and walk. It's pretty rough. The recliner is actually my best friend right now. Will try for a shower tomorrow...today just isn't the day.

First pics

That shower thing is quite the ordeal. Seriously was probably 90 minutes. No way could I imagine standing up in there. Removing the textured gauge that was there initially was a little tough because it was dry and stuck to the incision. We had to run water over it and remove it slowly. I have a vertical scar and it was sort of expected. The incision looks quite raised right now and there is a dog ear on my left side. I'm trying to trust the process. I know the dog ear can be removed but I'm wondering if how I'm sitting is doing it. Who knows.?? Anyway, my tummy is flat so yea!!! I'm puffy like a marshmallow and it's still flat so I'm happy. The pic I'm sitting in my shower chair so I can't really tell if my new belly button is off centered of just how I was sitting to take the pic.

My New Walker

I feel good this morning and am wanting to walk around more but am bent over pretty far. My husband is a total mess LOL!!! He found an old chair in the basement and brought it to me as my new walker ????

Comparison

Things are starting to look much better already. I am only slightly bent over at his point. Last 24 hrs of drainage was about 37 so I'm hoping tomorrow or Saturday I can take this drain out.

Today marks one week

I am still bent over but certainly improved and nor nearly as far as previous days. I have plans to go back to my office on Monday. We will just have to see how I feel. Maybe half days will be in order for a few days. Each day things improve and I am very happy with how things are shaping up. Swelling is a little worse around 4 or 5pm. I've been able to sleep in my bed and out of the recliner for the last 3 nights. Legs and head still need to be propped up.
Not having my Yoga practice sort of sucks. Sure, I can practice the breathe... But I sure miss being able to do asanas. My body wants to stretch and move.

Drain out

Today was 10 days since my tummy tuck. The doctor instructed me on how to remove the drain... And I did it myself! It was a snip of the string and pull out slowly. It wasn't very long at all, but there is a slightly bigger, harder plastic with holes in it at the other end. Patched the hole and now I'm free! I am going to search for a compression brief to wear because most of my swelling is in the mons area and this binder is just not cutting it when it comes to compressing that area.
The doctor told me 2 weeks in this binder 24/7 and then 2 weeks only at night.

2 weeks post op

It's Saturday 3/12 and 2 weeks after my TT. Today, I get to remove the 24/7 binder during the day. Things are healing really well in such a short time. I remember looking at where my old BB met my mons area and thinking... How on earth will that jumbled mess flatten out? Looks like the lumps and bumps and are actually skin that is going to die odd and probably scab and fall off. Anyway. I see the vision of what it could be.
The vertical scar is just some something I will have to plan to tattoo over. It's not really Dr Cochran's work, it's just that I have that hernia repair before this surgery, so it is what it is. My stomach is flat and I think I see an ab trying to poke through. My swelling is all in the mons area... I mean, it's huge! Looks like a baseball is in there. The other locations is at the very end of the incision on both sides. It is a little puffy there. It's only 2 weeks out and TT hearing can take months, but I have to admit, this looks great.

16 days- incision reveal

I have to contribute my diet and how I take care of myself to seeing this type of healing turnover in 2 weeks.
I'm still a bit beat up from the tape, lipo, and fat transfer, but the incision looks great.

Week 3

I am still pretty puffy. Saw the doctor this week and there is no seroma, just lots of swelling in the lower tummy.

Exercise and such

I don't know what happened over the last 2 days are so but things have gotten sooooo much better. I decided k go back to my gym this afternoon. I don't usually touch this cardio equipment, but considering this is my first time doing increased activity... The treadmill at 2 mph it is

Officially 1 month

Binder wear has been at night for the past 2 weeks and tomorrow I get to ditch it altogether. The swelling did come with reduced wear. I can see it is puffy right above the incision line is mainly. The front at the connection of the vertical scar is still the largest swelling area. I know it's a month out and it probably shouldn't help, but I've been icing it a little bit and I've seen improvement. The scar healing looks pretty good to me. I am doing a dose of hydrocortisone and bio oil on it.

7 months later

I'm coming along great. There is still a pretty round "Ken doll" like appearance where my incision meets the mons area and I will be calling to schedule a lipo touch up to get rid of it and the small flank overhang that remains. That scar as well as my belly button has gotten raised and certainly needs a steroid shot. I had fat transfer to my hips and that also needs to be done again. Hopefully he won't have me wait a full year for those touch ups.
I am having to learn brain/core engagement after having muscle separation for so long. I am so glad I did this.

TT Touchup Procedure

I went in yesterday for touch ups to my hip fat transfer, slight dog ear, flanks, BB scar, and TT scar. Both scars needed injections. There was a $200 fee for sedation in the exam room. I went in at 10 and was leaving around 11. We had a conversation by phone after I sent pictures and he did say I needed some small touch ups. When I get there and he exams me, he says the 'Ken doll' bulge in the front is still hard, will heal down, and is thin,so he doesn't lipo it. He also tries to convince me my hip bone is normal human anatomy(yes I know we have bone structure, I just want fat over it!) and I'm thin and will see it. LIES! If you inject enough fat there, it will fill in. He took some from my thighs and placed into the hips. No idea how much but we will see how this turns out. Pretty sure there isn't really anywhere else to get any so hopefully this holds and I get improvement.
I actually ordered a faja from Amazon yesterday that I should get today and am going to wear it. The binder did not fit me well. Maybe the compression will help with the swelling and help the fat stay where it's supposed it.
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

After reading review after review of how great Dr Thomas Cochran and his staff in Columbus,GA was, I made an appointment after already booking another surgeon. Once at his office I ended up booking my surgery on the spot. Very helpful staff and reassuring Doctor makes me feel as if I'm in the best hands. My personality just struggled with not receiving post op written instructions nor an appointment. I had to call back just to come in. I do understand they were trying to keep me from driving the 2.5 hrs to the office, but I really needed to have instructions. I have been getting my information all from this site.