30 something, No Kids, Former Track and Field Star Ready to Shine Again - Atlanta, GA

I debated back and forth on doing this review. I...

I debated back and forth on doing this review. I decided that it would only be right after all the info and assistance I received on this site.

I had traditional tumescent liposuction on upper/lower abs and flanks this morning (how am I even typing this?) I have no complaints thus far.
My specs. 5'6 1/2 174 lbs and athletic build. I wear 10 in jeans and measurements are 36, 32 and 41. Prior to circa 2013, I had defined abs. After moving, divorce and hitting 30, I was on a struggle bus to keep my abs cuts. I birthed a muffin top that has failed to leave the nest. I'm going to post more later as the pain is kicking in now and bf is pushing pain pills on me. Smh. Too helpful.

Day 2, Let's talk about this leakage and swelling

On Day 2 and I must say I expected it to be much worse. This swelling is a bit more than I expected. My mons pub area is gigantic. Like my BF gave me the WTH face huge. Lol. Pain is like a 3 out of 10 but I do consider myself to have a fairly high pain tolerance. The leakage had kicked up to bit much in my opinion last night but appears to have slowed down. I'm not big on pain meds so I took a percocet at 645A and my antibiotic at 10am and haven't taken anything else except 2 arnica Montana tablets. My intentions were to go back to office on this week but if this swelling doesn't subside, it'll probably be Monday. I have on abdominal board and guaze. I wasn't given a garment yet, that I should have on Friday when I go to post Op visit. I'm excited to shower tomorrow and see what I'm working with. I'll try to post some photos between tonight and tomorrow. At least some pre-op photos to start my comparison..

Day 3. Pain, Pain Go Away

I'm on day 2 post op. Swelling is at full swing but at least the leaking had ceased. Its a struggle to get in and out of bed and I'm stilling walking with hunch back pose. I've been on arnica and antibiotics. I've tried to get off the pain meds because they make me a little nauseated.

I still haven't taken off the abdominal binder and gauze from the initial surgery. I'm waiting until Friday at post Op but I'm ready to see the results of all this pain.

Wish Pics!!

Pre Op Pics

I took these 2-3 days before procedure.

5 days post-op

I'm a bit confused since my compression garment is what I pretty much was already wearing prior to my surgery. I had purchased at Nordstrom a few months back just to wear under my clothes. I see others garment and it covers more area and just lookso to provide more compression than mine. I'm also wondering would the pubic area be as swollen if I had a full body suit instead of just a midsection corset style contraption. Idk. My pain has decreased, just still really sore when I get up and down from bed/sofa/car. Also, had some shooting pains down leg earlier and near incisions. Hope I'm up for it since I'm back to work on Monday.

Here are a few pics I took with garment on. You can maybe see the public swelling that has me on high alert.

6 days post. This Monster Mons.....

Getting easier day by day. Started shooting pains below incisions and I'm still so nervous that the mons isn't going to decrease back to pre-surg size. This swelling will give me the camel toe from hell in all my skinny jeans. :-(

That will be one of the first things I ask when I go back to doctor. I ordered Spanx panties and I'm putting ice on it for 30 mins each day. I have had 1 lymphatic drainage massage and will go twice a week through the end of the month.

I can see the difference thus far, specifically in my lower abs and I hope that all the pain is worth it come next summer since I waited too long to flaunt anything this summer. Lol
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr . Alan Larsen is awesome. All my interactions have been positive. He has great bedside manner and made me feel more than comfortable through the entire experience.