51 Year Old African American Female - Atlanta, GA

I am a 51-year old African American female who...

I am a 51-year old African American female who recently had the FUT hair transplant procedure on April 8,2016. My experience from start to finish was amazing. I arrived to my appointment a little early and was greeted by two very friendly technicians at which time one of the techs had me sign consent forms and she gave me some of the medications that I had to bring to my procedure to ease my anxiety and she also had me take an antibiotic prior to the procedure. I have to say, the technicians made me feel so at ease and they answered every question that I asked. Shortly thereafter, I met with Dr. Anderson and he went over what to expect during and after the procedure and he also took more pictures of the areas of concern. The room where the procedure was performed was clean and cool. Now the procedure begins. Dr. Anderson marked the donor area then shaved away that hair. One of the technician's took me to the shampoo area and washed my hair with a special shampoo. When it came to numbing my donor area it felt like a minor pinch due to the technique that Dr. Anderson used and the extraction of the donor scalp was not painful at all. There were three technicians working to separate the grafts while Dr. Anderson made the graft excisions in my scalp. After the procedure, I had minimal swelling on my forehead for approximately 3-days tops. The only time I took the pain medication was at the Dr's office. However, I continued to take the other medication as instructed by Dr. Anderson. Well, today is day 6-post op and I have some crusting in the graft area but my donor area is healing just fine. Anderson Center for Hair Restoration ROCKS!!!!
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Dr. Anderson is extremely passionate and knowledgeable about hair restoration and I felt that in speaking with him during my consultation and on the day of my procedure. Dr. Anderson listened to my concerns about my hair loss and I didn't feel rushed at all in voicing those concerns. PS: Dr. Anderson's second profession should be that of a comedian because he's very funny.