43 Year Old Male, 3957 Graft FUE with Dr. Cole - Atlanta, GA

I have seen many great progress stories on RS and...

I have seen many great progress stories on RS and thought I would share mine as well. I am currently in month 10 since the procedure though I kept a detailed record of my progress.

I'll start off by praising Dr. Cole and his Atlanta crew. I would call nearly 4,000 grafts to be a large procedure. There wasn't a single person in his office that wasn't assisting Dr. Cole during The procedure. It was actually quite impressive. We started shortly after 8 am, taking care of the before photos, my expectations, etc...The entire procedure took almost 12 hours with The entire staff working alongside Dr. Cole. I was quite exhausted (if you couple that with a delayed flight getting me in after midnight). My first piece of advice to anyone considering a large procedure is to try and get it done on Day 1. I actually had two full days allocated for my procedure but the way I felt after Day 1, there was just no way I was going to have any more work done on Day 2. Dr. Cole is very detail oriented and when we briefly met up on Day 2 he even offered to touch up a few areas. But after nearly 12 hours the day before, I was in no shape for touch ups.:)

I should also mention I opted for PRP/Acell treatment along with the transplant. The research on these has been highly praised especially For stimulating healthy growth in the recipient regions as well as accelerating donor area recovery.

Some brief history on me: I probably should had my first procedure in 2005-2006 timeframe. My hair loss began back in the late 90s as I was finishing undergraduate studies. I had researched Dr. Cole's practice and results and in my book he was not only a Pioneer but continually improved his processes, instruments, etc. All in all he was my number 1 choice for as long as I can remember. I would advise if anyone was interested to research previous clients and contact them for input/feedback. I received some tremendous feedback/support by contacting Dr. Cole's clients on my own. It helped alleviate some of the fears and preconceived notions.

Now onto the pics....

before and after FUE composite

I created several side by side composites with StitchClip.

10th month update; Dr. Cole FUE procedure

A quick update this morning after a haircut and slicked hair. In another two weeks I will be exactly at 10 months since the FUE procedure with Dr. Cole. My barber made was commenting at about the growth and given I've been going to him for the last 8 years I am sure he is thinking "ok what is going on here!" I will tell him next time I'm in For a cut. No more comb-overs or 'trims' every two-weeks when the hair was thin.

11th month update

It's hard to believe I'm fast approaching one year since the HT with Dr. Cole in Atlanta. It was the best decision. I'm still working on obtaining specific graft count distribution from this procedure - i.e. Dr. Cole placed a certain number of doubles in the crown and in singles in the front to reconstruct the hairline. Sure would like to know those numbers and as soon as I do, I will post it.

13th month post FUE update

I'm just a few days shy of 13 months since I approached Dr. Cole to restore my hairline. At 43, I have thicker and nicer hair then at 23. I'm providing some photos after a real haircut - I took a chance on a barber classic undercut and have zero regrets. Just keep in mind that I had the barber cut quite a bit off to achieve the desired results:)

month 13 Post FUE Photos

Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

I described that my experience with Dr. Cole and his staff was fantastic and overall these results have exceeded my expectations.