Female, 65, Facelift - Atlanta, GA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had been considering a facelift for about ten...

I had been considering a facelift for about ten years. Every year I considered it MORE!

Finally, I decided to go through with it. I knew of several friends that had (what I call) successful facelifts, so I started interviewing their doctors. The eighth physician I contacted was Dr. John Griffin, who was actually referred to me by another cosmetic surgeon, who had retired. I wish I had interviewed Dr. Griffin first—it would have saved me a lot of time.

Dr. Griffin is very thorough. During my initial appointment he gave me a full run-down of what I could expect—and there was no charge for that meeting. (Some physicians charge a fee that is deducted from the final bill if you proceed with their surgery.)

I was so impressed with Dr. Griffin and his office staff that I had my sister (who is the head surgical nurse at a hospital in another state) accompany me for a follow-up appointment so that she could assess for me Dr. Griffin’s offices and procedure. She was very impressed. That was the final selling point.

Dr. Griffin provides the surgical unit, the recovery unit, and the “hospital” room with his private nurse—all onsite.

The morning of the surgical procedure, my friend dropped me off early. Since I had all of the pre-surgical work done through my local physician and all the paperwork done in advance, I only had to sign a few documents, meet with Dr. Griffin, recline on the table, and the next thing I knew I was walking up the stairs to my room for the remainder of the day and night. I awoke a few times that night, spoke to the nurse, and went right back to sleep. I slept very well and was quite relaxed and comfortable upon waking.

That morning before I left, I met with Dr. Griffin. He then gave me his personal cell number to call if I needed him before our next appointment (three days later) to remove some of the sutures. (Two days later, on a Sunday, my throat was very sore, so I called him at 2:00 p.m. He answered! And he immediately called in a prescription to relieve the irritation.) Monday I returned to his offices and I also saw him six months later. (All of these visits were at no extra charge.)

I had no bruising—I know this sounds impossible, but it is true. I actually only took one week off of work. When I returned to my office and social life, I was told that I looked great—everyone thought I had been on vacation.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Please see above review.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful