My Unexpected Journey With DCIS HER2+ Breast Cancer - Atlanta, GA

On Wednesday April 27, 2016 at 7:30am, I will have...

On Wednesday April 27, 2016 at 7:30am, I will have my double mastectomy with immediate breast reconstruction. I know that this will be the most difficult part of my cancer journey, but it is an essential process I know I need to do. I am speaking in JESUS NAME that my surgery will be a complete success and that my healing/recovery time will be extremely successful as well. I am thanking GOD in advance that I will only have an overnite hospital stay, thank you JESUS! I am thanking God now for directing the hands of my entire medical staff. This BC journey will became worth it when my surgeon tells me I am cancer free, clean margins and the cancer didn't spread outside of the breast at my post op checkup. I am speaking with authority that one year later I will be doing fine. I am truly BLESSED!

My Unexpected Journey With DCIS HER2+ Breast Cancer

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 8am, I had my Bilateral Double Masectomy which was completed at 9:30am. My Bilateral Double Masectomy was a complete success. My Breast Surgeon successfully removed ALL of the DCIS breast cancer and removed 1 lymph node that the DCIS had spreaded to and removed tissue samples from 2 additional lymph nodes. I will have my results from the additional 2 lymph nodes in Monday from my breast surgeon.
My Immediate Breast Reconstruction Surgery With Tissue Expanders was a huge success. This surgery was complete in 3.5hrs. I was able to go to the restroom by myself the SAME day of my surgeries. I was walking the halls without assistance the next day after my surgeries. For the 1st 24hrs after my surgeries, I was on a liquid only diet. The next day after my surgery I was on a solid food diet. I surgeon came to visit me on Thursday morning to check my incisions and see how I was doing mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually while informing me that they approved for me to be discharged on Thursday afternoon. I was immediately overjoyed with this update from my surgeon. I have my 1st fill on Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 9:45. Stay tuned for my transformation. Lots, I thank you for my life and my life more abundantly!

4-27-16 My Bilateral Double Masectomy with Immediate Breast Reconstruction

My surgery was a success! Can you say CANCER-FREE! Lord I thank you!

My Post Op Visit With My Plastic Surgeon

My drains were removed today and I had my 1st fill.

My Unexpected Journey With DCIS HER2+ Breast Cancer - Atlanta, GA

Today marks 3 months since my Bilateral Doubke Masectomy and I thank GOD ALMIGHTY for being CANCER-FREE! I am extremely excited about having my tissue expanders removed and replaced with my silicone implants. I thank GOD ALMIGHTY for all things and giving me HIS PEACE that SURPASSES ALL HUMAN UNDERSTANDING!

One Month After My Bilateral Double Masectomy

Lord, I thank you for HEALING my body completely!

Two Months After My Bilateral Double Masectomy

Lord, I thank you from the depth of my soul for healing my body completely! I am forever grateful, thankful and humbled!

Three Months After My Bilateral Double Masectomy

Lord I thank you for healing my body from the crown of my head to the sole of my feet!