Active FX (Moderate) with Microneedling Right Before Laser. Atlanta, GA

I gave it some time before I posted a review. The...

I gave it some time before I posted a review. The initial results were great, but I knew I was still swollen for the procedure and the wrinkles and fine lines looked more diminished because of it. The only improvement from all of this was that it even out my skin tone. Everything else looks the same

Very visible microneedling marks 15 days post laser resurfacing.

I have my post op visit tomorrow, but I wanted to post a before picture today since I plan to take post op pics tomorrow. I'm really not impressed by the results and feel like this procedure should not have cost as much as I paid. I keep hoping that my skin improves, but so far I haven't gotten the results i was told I would get. ****Before pictures posted this date****

Improved results over time, but still wasn't worth the cost.

So, I have posted a picture of my results after 3 weeks. I have to admit that the results are better than I had initially once the swelling went down. I hope that my skin continues to improve. The after photo was taken outside and in sunlight so, the results in the photo look better than in real life. I can see all the microneedling marks on my skin, which now look like little scars that are in places I did not have marks before. I was told that the microneedling just prior to the Active FX would allow the laser to get deeper in spots and create more of the effect for skin tightening and resurfacing that I was looking for. I was told that using this method would also save me roughly 800$ or more over the cost of a deeper laser..... Anyway, I still had a long 7-10 day healing process and would not have gone out in public. Around my eyes has stayed pink and more tender for the past 3 weeks.

I tried to research microneedling and laser as a procedure together, but I could not find any posts on RealSelf about it. I would like to hear from others who had this done and see what their results were. I will update again in a couple of weeks.

Great for tone and sunspots not wrinkles and texture - 1 month post laser

This is were I am a month later... I waited a month after the resurfacing to have Botox because I wanted to really see the results and I have not been impressed. I plan to have filler done in about a week because I did not get the tightening and wrinkle reduction from the Active FX and microneedling that I had expected. The tone of my skin was highly improved and is much more even which is nice; however, the microneedling over my entire face before the laser and the peeling skin around my mouth during the healing process have left visible marks, caused more issues with the appearance of my skin instead of improving it. The skin around my eyes is still bright red and tender a month after the procedure.

When I asked the doctor about my results he stated that I may need another treatment in 6 months to get the results I want or I may need to go with a deeper laser..... basically, now telling me that the 2k I spent to get the results I talked to him about was a waste. I do not feel like this was worth 2k. I think this was something that should cost anyone over 1k so please don't spend more than that of you are doing this. The doctor also told me that my results would continue to improve, but I'm skeptical.

FYI the pictures posted are in different lighting and the after photos look much better then it is in person.