Biltmore Lift at Age 59 - Asheville, NC

I traveled from another state to have my surgery...

I traveled from another state to have my surgery done by Dr. Harley and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'm 4 weeks out and couldn't be happier with my results or the experience. My Husband and I stayed in Asheville for 9 nights, the first 5 at Willow Winds Cabins, which is very close to Dr. Harley's office and afforded us the luxury of space. I didn't want to be stuck in a tiny hotel room and the cabin had a deck, kitchen and even a hot tub. The last 4 nights we spent in downtown Asheville in a loft apartment, which was a lot of fun, since there's lots to do and good restaurants within walking distance. I felt (and looked) so good by just the third day that we even visited the Biltmore Estate. I did rest a lot too. Sure I had some yellow bruising on my neck, but no one seemed to notice and even if they did, so what? There was some swelling and my neck and checks felt hard and tight, but never any pain. I didn't even take anything for pain after the 1st day (which I slept most of). At 4 weeks, my scars are healed and I've been messaging them with Mederma like my Doctor told me to. There's still small patches of hardness near my ears and a little bit of tightness under my chin, but it doesn't bother me at all and it's getting better every day. I'm so grateful to the ladies on this site for all the information they shared which helped me find Asheville and Dr Harley. I'm also grateful to this talented and kind Doctor and his wonderful staff, who made my surgery such a success.

5 week update

Swelling, tightness and most of the numbness is gone from my cheeks and neck. I still have a small patch of numbness right in front of my ears, but the feeling is coming back with every passing day. Marionette lines are gone and my cheeks are back where they belong, plus turkey neck is just a bad memory. I'm a happy Grandma!

Side view at 6 weeks post op

Asheville Facial Plastic Surgeon

The most important thing to me in choosing a plastic surgeon was the talent level. The only way to know that is before and after pictures/reviews and board certification. Dr Harley had them both. After I met him, I realized he posses humility, kindness, personality and a great bedside manner. This is a small practice and they are very busy, yet provide excellent thoughtful and thorough care. I would not hesitate to recommend him.