Biltmore Lift; 52 Years Old, 5'6", 120 - Asheville, NC

At 52, I was unhappy with my droopy jowls and...

At 52, I was unhappy with my droopy jowls and neck and had three consults in my area for a mini lift. I felt comfortable with the procedure but the cost, just under $20,000, was prohibitive as I didn't hate my neck THAT much. Reading Dr. Harley's reviews and seeing his results gave me confidence to have the procedure done in Asheville.
Pictures were emailed, Dr. Harley called and explained what he'd recommend and I scheduled a date.

Pre-op: I flew solo and stayed in the Fairmont Marriott, as recommended by TLC, who cared for me after the procedure. I met Dr. Harley the day before my surgery for a brief consult, picked up my meds and went for a tour of The Biltmore Estate.
Surgery Day 1: My surgery was 6:00am and I was back at the hotel before 9:00am. The first day I slept and didn't eat much as the compression bandage was awfully restricting...I was thrilled to take it off the next day.
Day 2: Returned to office for follow up and removal of compression bandage. I felt great but stayed at the hotel much of the day, just relaxing and icing. Later in the day I got a pedicure across the street.
Day 3: Felt even better...Ice, ice, ice kept the swelling down and negated the need for pain meds. I think start to finish I took 4 Percocet. Late afternoon I went into Asheville to shop, dine and stretch my legs.
Day 4: Flew home. (If you are flying out of Asheville stop at the Sierra Nevada Brewery for lunch.)
Day 5-9: No heavy lifting or major activity. Kept head raised and continued to ice.
Day 10: I'm a dentist and had one of my assistants take the sutures out when I was back at my office.
There was no bruising. Zero! My face was slightly swollen the first week back but only I noticed it. There is also a firmness/numbness under my chin and near the incision by my ears but that will soften with time and feeling will return as the healing process continues.
Day 14: I went of a blind date and was told I look 30...I'm not kidding, that really happened! He had no idea why ;-)
BRAVO, Dr. Harley!!

A few pics...For some reason the after picture rotated

New Photos

Almost 5 weeks post op

Scar close up

As requested...up close scar...close to 5 weeks
Asheville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Harley is highly intelligent, has excellent surgical skills and compassionate bedside manner.