THRILLED WITH DR. HARLEY AND BILTMORE LIFT!

After reading thousands of reviews, I have chosen...

After reading thousands of reviews, I have chosen Dr. Harley for a lower face lift. Once I made my decision, I contacted the office, filled out some paperwork, sent some horrible photos, and had a phone consultation with Dr. Harley who was incredibly kind, straightforward, and made me realize I had made the right decision.
I will be traveling with my caring husband about 10 hours by car and will stay in a hotel until my followup appointment and suture removal.
I am very excited and am grateful for every single person who has shared their journey with Dr. Harley.
I'm paying it forward.....

More pictures of thick neck, double chin, puppet mouth

I thought I would add some photos so you can see what I'm wanting fixed.

Photos

Getting Ready!

One week from today I will be traveling 10 hours from my home in Florida by car with my husband to Asheville, NC! I am busy making lists of things I need to take with me including a travel pillow, my wedge pillow to keep me upright, arnica, blomelain, my blender to make smoothies, etc. I have decided to bring a zipper hoodie and some comfy sweat pants to my surgery day so it is easy to go back to the room to relax and recover. I will be staying the full week to have him remove my sutures. I will also be returning to work 3 weeks after surgery. I hope this is enough time for the swelling to go down and not look like a freak. I have told no one I am having this done. I would take any advice regarding going back to work at the 3 week mark! I'm so grateful to everyone who has been so encouraging!

Getting Excited!

Since I am coming from Florida, we have changed our travel route to further inland to get to Asheville, NC. I just got a phone call from sweet Juanita confirming my appointment for Monday and that I will receive my prescriptions at that time. My surgery is scheduled for the next morning bright and early! I'm actually going to FINISH packing today in case we lose power with the impending storm. I work part time at Disney World and just got word that we are officially closed at 5:00 and closed all day tomorrow. Anyway, I'm just so excited!!!!!!

I'm HERE!

I'm here! Asheville is simply beautiful!

Update for Inquiring Minds....

Dr. Harley is exactly as I thought he would be: kind, caring, thoughtful, highly intelligent, humble, and genuine. The office is beautifully decorated and soft, calming music is playing. My husband accompanied me and we were escorted to a beautiful room and Dr. Harley came in and went over what he would be doing and what he could do for me. For me, the jowls and the submandibular fat are my biggest concerns and he zeroed right in on that. Any fears I had have turned to excitement. I then went to the front desk where sweet Jaunita gave me my prescriptions and pointed us in the direction of CVS, Walgreens, or Walmart to get them filled. We chose to go to Walmart as they take my insurance and we wanted to pick up some bottled water and provisions for the upcoming week. With my insurance, all 4 prescriptions only came to about $13.00.
I really had no questions for him as he is very thorough and I trust him, but I DID ask about taking my pills with a yougurt or something and he had no problem whatsoever. YAY!
We are probably going to go siteseeing this afternoon to keep my mind occupied.

On the Other Side!

I will give more details once I am "more awake" but I am doing great and not in any pain whatsoever. Dr. Harley has a way about him that makes you feel "it's all going to be alright" and I think it is his special gift.

Happy Girl

Everything went exactly as planned yesterday. I washed my hair the night before as directed in the pre op instructions and took a shower in the morning before leaving for his office. Once there, I signed a few consent forms and was given my "cocktail" of pills. I used the rest room one last time, gave hubby a kiss, and was taken to the procedure room (which is immaculately clean). He made some markings on my face and then proceeded to numb the lower half of my face. It wasn't bad at all. Kelly was a dear and kept my mind completely calm (or it could have been my "cocktail" since I don't drink, I'm a cheap date). I don't remember anything after that as I just fell asleep. As I was waking up, he was putting my headwrap on. He went over post op instructions with my husband and I was sent home. Easy peasy.
I will update how my head wrap day went next, but right now all I can think about is seeing my face without the wrap on it!

I LOOK AMAZING!

I just got the headwrap off! I was in shock as I looked at my result! He completely got rid of my double chin, my hanging jowls, my marionette lines, and my puppet mouth. The picture shows neck lines, but it is just from the head wrap. I have some swelling that was to be expected, but no bruising as of yet. Thank you for all the support. Dr. Harley is simply the BEST.

Side View

Continuing to do Great

I'm continuing to lay low. I can take a shower tomorrow so I anticipate that will be a turning point for me. I have a jacuzzi in my room so that has been nice to bathe, but I really want that shower and to wash my hair. I can open my mouth more today, so that is progress. I am using a soft cold gel pack on my face and that helps with swelling quite a bit. I honestly don't see my scars becoming a problem for me at all. They are placed so well that I can't imagine that it will be a tell tale sign down the road. I am drinking green tea, blueberry smoothies, and some soup. I'm eager for the swelling to go down, but in the meantime, I will do my part to help it along.

I'm feeling FANTASTIC

We are touring Asheville today. Gorgeous weather for walking. I took a shower and that felt great. I have nothing exciting to report other than I'm swollen and I totally expected that for day 3. No bruising. No pain.

More Pictures and Incisions

I thought I would leave some more photos here for those that want to see.

Happy to be Healing!

It is now 5 days since my Biltmore Lift! It has been such a positive experience for me as well as life changing. I continue to be in shock when I catch my profile in the mirror! I look almost exactly as I did at age 45 (which was still a very good age for me!) We have been touring, have been to lots of movies at the beautiful Regal Biltmore Theater, visited all the major Biltmore tourist areas, and have generally been just having fun. When I run out of steam, I have headed back to the hotel and taken a nap or rested.
Yesterday, I went to the Asheville Salt Cave which was a fun experience. It sounded "healing" and if anything, it was a relaxing experience. I think being positive truly helps your recovery, especially a recovery from something that you are doing for yourself that is being done for a "positive" result. I continue to be swollen, but feel confident it will all dissipate in time. I have some slight bruising under my chin, but given the amount of fat Dr. Harley went after, I'm certainly not surprised! I have added a couple of photos from today.

Such Happy Tears

Today is one week since I had a Biltmore Lift with Dr. Harley. I have had a wonderful week in Asheville since my surgery. No pain or discomfort. I had my sutures removed this morning. Again, no discomfort AT ALL. He said everything was healing nicely and to take it easy for a couple of more weeks. It was hard for me to control my emotion as tears slipped down my cheeks as I said goodbye. How do you thank someone for giving you your life back? How do you put into words the gratefulness you feel for giving you the years back that you thought were long gone? How do you express the gratitude of putting your face into someones hands and trust that they have the skill to make it beautiful again? I didn't have the words to properly thank him, but my face told another story. Dr. Harley has been given a skill that is unmatched and God blessed me with the discernment to choose this surgeon and I only had tears of joy.

Day 10

I'm continuing to heal and feel fantastic. I have had no post operative complications or concerns. I just took a picture of myself and was surprised at how much the swelling has gone down! Amazing for 10 days post op and for all the work he had to do! Thank you Dr. Harley!

WEEK 2 UPDATE!

I feel GREAT! I went through a serious scabbing phase. It was easily covered by keeping my hair in front of my ears. I would say by week 3 they should all have fallen off. I'm a really good healer, but on your face you are a little more aware of them. I still have a small yellow bruise under the chin, but gets better everyday. I am meticulous about keeping them clean. Soap and water everyday and have recently started putting Neosporin ointment on them to soften them up and that has been very healing and hastened them falling off naturally. The ear area where the sutures were placed in front of ear are almost UNDETECTABLE. Under the chin is still pink and I'm careful to keep a Mepitac strip on it as much as possible. I have enjoyed my time off from work and it has been helpful to not have to put makeup on during this phase. The "lumps" in front of the ears and under the chin continue to soften, but are still there. From most reviews, it seems to resolve by week 3-4, so I am not concerned. My ears were quite swollen at first (to be expected given that is where most of the work is done), but that has mostly resolved. One of my biggest concerns was having my ears look different. I actually think I have cute ears and didn't want that "pixie ear" look that comes with so many facelifts and from being pulled too tight. Dr. Harley is a true artist and I have NEVER seen this look on any of his patients and I can now say I have been added to that list. I feel my mouth looks so much better. I have gone from lipstick back to lipgloss as I did when I was younger because it got rid of so many wrinkles and made my lips look fuller due to the lifting effect. I always felt I had to flash my perfect "dental hygienist" smile to feel pretty, and I no longer feel that way. The corners of my mouth turn up in a perfect non-smile-smile, if that makes sense. I have been a happy, content, and nicer person since having this procedure done. I think when you feel good about yourself, it reflects in your demeanor and outlook on life. I thank God everyday for Dr. Harley. I also thank others that went before me to share their experience so that I could find my way to him. Divine intervention!

Today is 1 Month Since Biltmore Lift

I am happy to say that I continue to be thrilled with my results. I am all back to my normal routine. Swelling is minimal at this point. I don't do anything special at this point other than use Mepitac tape as often as I can and silicone gel prior to makeup if I'm going out. The scabs have all left at this point and I just have a fine white line in front of ears and under chin.
Please know that I am here to answer any questions or concerns anyone may have about their upcoming surgery. So many were there for me and I'm grateful to pay it forward. I am hoping to return next year to have my eyes done! THANK YOU DR. HARLEY!!!!!

Some Updated Pictures

I am updated some pictures for curious minds. I felt sufficiently healed to go get a haircut and to color my hair, so big step forward!
Asheville Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am confident I have chosen a great surgeon.