42 Yrs Old, 2 Kids, Work Full Time

I hate to have my picture taken, absolutely...

I hate to have my picture taken, absolutely despise it cause I don't like the way I look. Over the years I've noticed a sagging in my face. I developed (what I call) creases on my cheeks. I looked tired and my right eyelid was drooping. When I would be in a picture, those 2 things were so prevalent that I could cry. When I would be walking through a store and catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror that was all I saw. A tired, old looking woman. But I dont feel that way, so I was tired of looking that way. I started researching plastic surgeons in my area. Had my appt in October. Was very pleased with what he told me that could be accomplished with this procedure. I had my preop on November 10th, scheduled surgery for November 18th. I decided on the endoscopic midfacelift, with my upper and lower eyelids and brow lift. It's been 10 days and I definitely see a difference in my cheeks and in my eyes. My forehead and top part of my head is still numb, along with the right side of my cheek. I'm pleased so far. However, I'm assuming, because of the numbness when I stick my tongue out, smile or make a kissy face, my one side of my lip draws down and looks crooked. So I hope this "side effect" goes away. The doc says the 6 week mark is usually when you start to like what you see. (Hope so) I know I have alot of healing to do, and I am still swollen, so I am eagerly awaiting that moment. I don't have any before pics of me, but once it's all complete, my doc will give me my before and afters and I will post. I do want to let you know that the doc had to make incisions in my mouth to fix my fat pads in my cheeks. He worked endoscopically through my hairline and up through my mouth to repair the fat pads. That was painful afterwards, along with my head hurting from the staples and screws in my head. I was under for 3 hrs. So from start to finish it was 5 hrs. I don't know if I would do it over again. Coming off of the anthestia and the pain was not tolerated to well. But I'm looking forward to my moment when I can look at myself and be content with what I see.
Altoona Plastic Surgeon

Dr Louton treated me well. He listened to what I had to say, and then recommended what he thought would be best. I did not feel pushed into anything. His staff are all very nice and welcoming.