Excellent Hair Transplant Using ARTAS By Dr. Ken Anderson (54 Yr. Old Male) Altanta, GA

I recently (two weeks ago) had an ARTAS hair...

I recently (two weeks ago) had an ARTAS hair transplant by Dr. Anderson and his staff. I am very pleased with the procedure, with Dr. Anderson, and with his staff. After doing a great deal of research, I decided that I wanted to use the ARTAS method versus a FUT (strip) method. My concern with FUT was the scarring that you can get, and I didn't want noticeable scars if I decided to wear my hair very short some day.

I found that there are a number of both physicians and non-physicians using the ARTAS method. I wanted to make sure that whoever I had do the procedure, that they knew what they were doing and were experienced with doing successful hair transplants. I live in the Midwest, but was willing to travel anywhere to find the right person. After researching for several weeks, I found Dr. Anderson. I went through everything on his website, and then my wife and I went to see him in person for a consultation.

Dr. Anderson and his staff were very knowledgeable, and answered all of our questions. It became apparent in talking with him that doing a hair transplant is partly science, and partly art. He explained to me the methods that they would use/recommend, including ARTAS, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma), and Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT). He then explained how he would do the transplant "artistically" and where he would put the hairs that are removed via the ARTAS machine. He was very thorough, and very clear.

Two weeks later we came in for the procedure, and every thing went exactly as they said it would. Dr. Anderson spent the afternoon of the day prior to the procedure, prepping my hairline to be ready to accept the transplants. The next morning, he used the ARTAS machine to remove the donor hairs. Then his staff members/nurses (who had an average of about 10 years doing hair transplants) spent the afternoon putting them into my recipient areas (bald spots). To do the ARTAS method, they pretty much shave your head. (Not all the way, but very close.)

It's now been two weeks since I had the procedure, and everything has healed nicely. My hair has started growing back, and I just look like I have a military buzz cut. I had little to no pain both during and after the procedure. You really have to plan to be down for about a week to ten days, though. So don't plan on going to work.

Dr. Anderson's staff contacted me several times after the procedure to make sure everything was going well, and Dr. Anderson called me personally also . Unlike other hair transplant firms, he only does only one procedure per day. So both he and his staff were totally focused on me, and they were fresh and ready to go (versus being tired after doing 3 or 4 procedures per day like some of the other firms I researched).

Overall, I am very pleased with Dr. Anderson, his staff, and the procedure. I can already see that I am going to have significantly more hair in the areas that used to be bald, and feel like the procedure was well worth it. Best of luck to you!
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Dr. Anderson was very easy to talk to. He explained things very well, and was very good at what he does. It was obvious that he knew what he was doing. I would highly recommend him!!!